You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 1, 2013 11:27 am  #1

stop crying

I am aware that this question is maybe too personal, but I was thinking a lot about.
Most of us and also "normal" people don't like to cry in front of others. George Clooney said it once quite clearly in "inside the actors studio": actors do everything to cry, normal people do everything to prevent it. It is the loss of control I guess most people are afraid of. The famous first tear starting to roll down and you can't hold it together anymore. Is it possiple to control crying? To stop crying after you started once or does it just overtake you? Of course you can't control the crying when somebody died, you are crying very haardly but maybe you are able to controll the smaller crying episodes? Are you more likely to be able to control it when you cry on a regular basis, because you are trained, used to it and maybe the need to cry isn't so huge? What about the "sobbing attack" or the hick up like sounds that keep on going especially when you try to stop very hard?

Last edited by flatter (November 1, 2013 12:25 pm)

November 1, 2013 5:10 pm  #2

Re: stop crying

I have the opposite problem.I can't cry most of the time even when I need to.I got some devastating news yesterday.I cried softly for three minutes and then it just stopped and I get this dull ache inside.

Tears are the last gift of true love.

November 1, 2013 11:01 pm  #3

I am sorry for your bad news! Were you allone crying? I can't cry allone,it just feels weird. Maybe you need somebody who understands you, hugs you that you can let go. Somebody who helps you to get up after crying.

November 2, 2013 10:37 pm  #4

You misunderstand me.I'm saying that I didn't cry even if I wanted to

November 3, 2013 9:32 pm  #5

I didn't get you wrong, it was just my explanation that was unclear.
I just can talk about myself an my experiences with tears, my own and tears of other people I witnessed crying.
Sometimes you undergo something very bad, you feel sad inside, maybe empty and you can't express the feelings. It is closed in, you feel it is bad but you can't change it. Maybe you dislike yourself for the subject you would like to cry about. You feel dull, heavy and it just doesn't come out.
It is only theory: you have to be ready to cry, ready to feel the pain and the sadness inside you. You must let go. Sometimes music helps, shouting, hitting a pillow... Often it helps to talk to somebody, a good friend, collegue... I am more willing to let go when I have somebody who takes care of me, holds me and comforts me. I am afraid of crying allone because it goes on and on and I can't stop anymore and afterwards I feel drained. The crying doesn't feel "positive". I think that even crying should have a positive aspect not only the empty feeling afterwards. Some call it a catharsis, I wouldn't put it that way but the positive aspect is definitely something I expect from crying.

November 4, 2013 12:30 am  #6

Oh I see what you mean. I found that kind of stuff got two or three tears out of me at most

December 16, 2013 9:11 pm  #7

I tend to find it a whole load more difficult to stop crying once that first tear has left my eye. Even if I have tears in my eyes I can, if I try really hard pull it back if I don't want to cry. I need to stop talking to make it work.

But once I shed a tear that's it generally - more will almost certainly follow.

P.S. Apologies for my absence recently - mega busy with work and my college course.

Board footera