You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 18, 2013 9:24 pm  #1

self obs (m) with secondary female crying

I mentioned yesterday that I've been very busy lately with work and my counselling course.

This is a reasonably advanced course - next stage up would be a diploma or degree course - it is a recognised qualification in counselling. Part of the course involves 'skills practice' session where we 'counsel each other' to develop various skills. We are encouraged to select real subjects which have a bit of depth to them to make the session more effective.

While I can't go into details, as everything discussed is held in strict confidence I have seen several of my fellow students cry - flowing / unchecked tears in many cases. Although I only enjoy the memory of the tears after the fact as I'm so focused on the counselling aspects during the session.

However as it affects me I can mention one crying event (without giving details) - I was talking whilst a fellow student was listening. The subject was personal and very emotional for me but as this was an assessment week I decided it carried the emotional weight that was needed. I could feel the emotions building up inside me. At first I became aware that my voice was breaking and wobbling at the end of sentences. As I continued to talk my voice wavered more and more, I could feel my eyes getting heavy but initially I could not feel any tears forming. It would have been obvious at this point that I was begining to struggle with my emotions.

As I continued my voice continued to falter more and more and I started to feel the tell tale signs of tears forming in my eyes. The student listen said something like 'I can see this is upsetting for you' - I began to lose it at that point - I tried to say 'yes' but my voice failed and the word was silent - my breathing changed to quiet gasps - my eyes immediately filled with tears.

I was trying to regain some composure as this was an important assessment week - but I could not get on top of my emotions - I actually felt my bottom lip tremble slightly as I fought the urge to cry - something that is unusal for me. I could not stop the emotions coming and eventually tears spilled from my eyes (both at the same time) and fell quickly down my cheeks. I kind of lost it at this point and started to cry fully - tears falling frequently down my face. For a time my head was down a bit and tears dripped from my eyes. I looked up to offer apologies and made eye contact with my fellow student. Through blurred vision I notice she too was crying with tears rolling down her cheeks (something you are not supposed to do as a counsellor - she'll need to work at this  ).

The fact that she was crying made me re-double my efforts to stop crying and by avoiding the very raw aspects of what I was talking about I eventully managed to regain some composure. However, until I completely stopped crying I was talking with a very thick emotional voice with the odd tear rolling down my face.

Quite an intense moment...  

December 18, 2013 9:42 pm  #2

Re: self obs (m) with secondary female crying

Wow. You know you have a gift for words. Your obs are always so descriptive.

Tears are the last gift of true love.

December 18, 2013 9:54 pm  #3

Thank you for sharing your beautiful observation! Did you make any noise while the tears were running down your face, because you describe that you started to cry fully.

December 19, 2013 7:59 am  #4

I always enjoy reading obs from you tearhunter. Thanks for sharing.

December 19, 2013 9:53 pm  #5

flatter wrote:

Thank you for sharing your beautiful observation! Did you make any noise while the tears were running down your face, because you describe that you started to cry fully.

I don't tend to make a lot of noise when I cry - a lot of tears, but not much sound. My voice gets emotional and wobbly as when I'm talking and crying you can tell I'm crying even if you could not see the tears. I very really make sobbing sounds, shaky breathing sometimes but I need to be extremely upset to make full on crying sounds - it has happend but not for a long time.

With this one I said I was full on crying because I'd completely lost control and my tears were rolling down my face uncontrollably - my voice was very emotional with several breathing gasps.

Last edited by tearhunter (December 19, 2013 9:54 pm)

December 19, 2013 10:51 pm  #6

Wow. While it sounds magnificent, I'm sorry about whatever made you feel that way.

Tears are the last gift of true love.

Board footera