You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 21, 2013 11:54 pm  #1

Appalling obs of sorts

So I had something pretty disturbing happen to yesterday. I'm not sure if this is exactly the most appropriate thing to be posting even without names and details, and I may delete this post later, but I'm rather upset and I would like to know what you all would suggest be done, if anything.
Last night, I was on the phone with a close friend, who happens to still live with their parents. He was upset, if not hysterical over personal matters and was crying pretty hard. I was trying to get him to calm down when I heard his mother come in. As it happened, she was annoyed with him for crying and began shouting at him, demanding him tell her what was going on and that he give her the phone. At some point I hung up the phone, sensing it would be a bad idea for me to try to talk to her if she got ahold of the phone. Maybe ten minutes later he called me back, out of breath. The crying had mostly stopped, but he was still sniffing now and then and he did break down a few times by the time we stopped talking. As it turned out, she had actually kicked him out of the house into the freezing cold with no where to go. For crying. Yeah. 
Needless to say I'm pretty mad. Appalled really. I can't believe anyone could be so cruel to someone for crying. 
Thought I'd share, see what you all think. If it wouldn't get me in legal trouble I know she's get what was coming to her, but obviously that's a plain bad idea. He's a good friend of mine though, and I'm tired of sitting around while he's punished for doing something perfectly natural and okay. 

December 22, 2013 12:10 am  #2

Re: Appalling obs of sorts

I'm horrified! And they wonder why men today are emotionally repressed. Was he able to go to your place just to have somewhere safe to be?

Tears are the last gift of true love.

December 22, 2013 12:27 am  #3

I'll be going to see him tomorrow I hope, taking him some things he left over here, but it'll be a few weeks before he can stay over. Thankfully, they let him back in sometime in the early morning, and he seems alright now if not a bit sad. 
I absolutely hated that I wasn't there to take care of him though, especially since I know how to calm him down better than anyone. He seemed so scared, it was horrible.  
At some point in the night he tried a friends house, but no one was home, so he was left wandering out on the streets.

Last edited by luckywolf13 (December 22, 2013 12:29 am)

December 22, 2013 1:20 am  #4

Why couldn't he stay over? He shouldn't be in that house now.he probably still sad and he's gonna have to be sucking it up.

December 22, 2013 1:33 am  #5

It's a pretty complicated situation we're in. I'm going to try to work things out sooner, I'm just worried with the holidays and all, along with our distance, it'll be hard to arrange things. 

December 22, 2013 1:39 am  #6

this lady (of course I use the term loosely) will sooner or later get what's coming to her
without any activity or intervention on your part.  Her son needs our prayers, big-time.Show him in every way possible just how much you love and value him, and leave his mother to the Good Lord. I'm certain everybody on the forum joins  me in wishing you all the best.

This Lady (and I use the term loosely, of course,

----

December 22, 2013 1:54 am  #7

Thank you, Handkerchief, I appreciate that and I know he would too. 
I do all I can to show him how much I care. I just wish I could get him out of that horrible place sooner than I can.

December 22, 2013 3:11 am  #8

Surely there MUST be some sort of community help available? Shelters where he could stay, that sort of thing? What he's going through right now is abuse, and there HAS to be a group somewhere that can help him get out of that h3ll-hole.

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

December 22, 2013 3:14 am  #9

It's making me furious.here's a guy emotionally healthy enough to cry and who had someone he can speak to in those moments and he gets punished

December 22, 2013 3:06 pm  #10

Caircair: There definitely must be; he lives in one of the biggest cities around. The only problem would be convincing him to go to one. As of the last several months he's spent four days a week at my house, where he's a lot happier
Inmyarms: I know, me too! Even as a little kid, apparently she was never there for him, but mistreating him like that for crying? That just takes it to another level. I'm going to have to really withhold next time I see that woman.
On one side of things though, knowing him, I don't think he's going to stop extressing his emotions because of this. 

Board footera