You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 27, 2011 11:00 pm  #1

self obs

Hey guys.
I've been crying a lot the past few days because my boyfriend and I broke up. It doesn't feel right. I want to get back together with him. We agreed to take a one month break without talking, then we're going to meet up again and figure out what we want to do. But for the next month, anyway, I'm single.
We talked in my car so we could be alone, both of us crying intermittently but trying to stay calm so we could actually talk. After a while he went inside to get tissues, and I stayed in the car. He got back and said, "Look! I found a lucky penny." It was so gentle and sweet, and it hit me how much I was going to miss him, and I burst out sobbing and he quickly crawled in and held me. Eventually I went home. I spent most of Sunday watching 30 Rock, and about once an episode, I'd suddenly start sobbing and put my head in my pillow (walls in my dorm are thin) and cry for a couple minutes, then be okay for another 20 minutes, then do it again.

It is such a secret place, the land of tears.
-- Antoine de Saint Exupery, "The Little Prince"

September 27, 2011 11:14 pm  #2

Re: self obs

Well, hope you'll either get back together or recover and move on.

Last edited by TorNorth (September 27, 2011 11:15 pm)

Ugly crying is pretty crying

September 28, 2011 12:37 am  #3

Aww I'm sorry, I agree with TorNorth. I hope things will work out soon.

September 28, 2011 10:18 am  #4

Aaw, I am so sorry! Hope everything is better today, and that this situation will work out the way you would like it to.
Remeber that the sun always shines behind the clouds in the sky (my father always says this to me when I have a rough time).
I wish you the best.

Tears are words the heart can't express...
-unknown-

September 29, 2011 4:13 am  #5

Thanks, guys. I sort of fluctuate between feeling sort of okay, and "i can't do this i have to call him RIGHT NOW." It's hard not knowing what's going to happen.

September 30, 2011 10:49 pm  #6

So sorry to hear this, Meantangerine.  Try to be strong and lean on your friends during this difficult time!

September 30, 2011 10:57 pm  #7

I'm sure you'll get through this Meantangerine!

October 8, 2011 2:49 pm  #8

I'm so sorry, Meantangerine. I know you'll get through this!!

October 24, 2011 10:01 pm  #9

Well, we are back together now. I went to see him last night, and we agreed to keep things really light for a while, and go out on real dates and have fun together without any pressure.

Part of the problem was that I'm an introvert homebody, whereas he likes to go out and see people and do things. I was trying to convince him that I really want to have fun too, and I was listing some of the things we have talked about doing but have never done. I said I wanted to go out walking in a blizzard some night, and my voice broke and I started crying while I said it (I was trying to smile too, which must have looked funny), and he started crying too, and said, "Do you really?" We cried for a minute or so together, and it was really reassuring and wonderful. He wasn't crying for very long, so his tears didn't make it all the way down his face, they just pooled around under his eyes. Mine came fast and actually fell off my face, which doesn't usually happen.

If you read my first post in the thread, I talked about how he gave me a lucky penny and it made me cry. Through the month I picked up all the pennies I saw, and last night I gave them to him. At first he seemed fine, then he got sort of a funny look on his face. I said, "What?" just as he laid his head in my lap and cried again. I kneeled in front of him and let him cry on my shoulder as I held him. Again, it only lasted a couple minutes, but it was extremely sweet.

What I love so much about him (both of us, really) is that we have zero embarrassment. We'll stop crying, then have no trouble going back to talking. We've seen each other cry a lot, so there's nothing to be ashamed about.
Anyway, those are my stories.

Last edited by meantangerine (October 24, 2011 10:03 pm)

October 25, 2011 10:18 pm  #10

Aww lovely obs, meantangerine I hope things continue to work out.

Board footera