You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 30, 2014 2:31 pm  #1

brief self obs

Thus morning I was reading the news on my phone while lying on my side in bed.I was struck by a story about an eight year old boy who died in a fire after rescuing six relatives. He will be given a firefighters funeral with full honors. It got to me.

I felt myself start to well up and felt warmth spreading down my last cheek towards mmHg pillow. Then I felt it again. Three tears at least.but Pegasus a couple more. During this time My right eye welled up longer pooling in the inner corner between my eye and the bridge of my nose  until it got heavy and then flowed diagonally down my nose and dripped off into the pillow. That's it but thought this'd of you who go fir the silent petty cry would like it.

Last edited by inmyarms (January 30, 2014 2:34 pm)

Tears are the last gift of true love.

January 30, 2014 4:30 pm  #2

Re: brief self obs

Sweet. That's a good number of tears for a silent cry.

Ugly crying is pretty crying

January 30, 2014 5:08 pm  #3

And a brief one.it can't have lasted more than thirty seconds.

January 30, 2014 6:48 pm  #4

i always have mixed feelings about stories like this. clearly this kid was brave but we always tell our children never never run back into a fire. this kid went back in repeatedly. where were the adults?

January 30, 2014 7:28 pm  #5

What a lovely emotional moment - silent tears are just stunning in my opinion.

Agree brave kid but why did he need to be so brave - why did someone else not help. But, not know the specifics of the story or the situation he was placed in I can only regard him as a hero.Just tragic he had to loss his life being that hero.

January 30, 2014 7:34 pm  #6

he lost his life in his last trip back into the home trying to help his disabled grandfather get out.

Board footera