You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 20, 2014 4:20 am  #1

My dream job!

OMG!  This lady in New York cuddles and comforts people (no sexual touch at all) for $80/hour and says the most common side effect to the cuddling is tears!!  This would be, like, my favorite job EVER... the stuff that fics are made of!!  Too bad I don't have the nerve to start up my own cuddling business!

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/video/cuddles-cash-224356092.html

February 20, 2014 5:04 am  #2

Re: My dream job!

Sorry that is a very awkward job

Tears are the last gift of true love.

February 20, 2014 6:54 am  #3

The world is a cruel place, that there is need fore such a job!

February 20, 2014 11:52 am  #4

It's a bit depressing to think that someone would need to pay $80 to get a cuddle.

Ugly crying is pretty crying

February 20, 2014 12:42 pm  #5

I gave one of my work colleagues a hug early in January when she was having a bad day. She didn't cry though. In fact I haven't had any obs for years

Security will run you down hard
And I will lead them on a merry chase

February 20, 2014 9:07 pm  #6

I would absolutely do that.

It is such a secret place, the land of tears.
-- Antoine de Saint Exupery, "The Little Prince"

February 20, 2014 9:11 pm  #7

I wouldn't be comfortable cuddling complete strangers.plus you run the risk of the customer becoming attacked, taking it too far  talking about things too personally, interpreting your cuddle as more than it is....

Tears are the last gift of true love.

February 22, 2014 3:09 am  #8

I'd heard about her before, but never the part about the tears.  I think that's really interesting in a way, that it kind of shows that there are people out there who just need that kind of intimate comfort.  I would want to do that job, but a version targeted specifically at people who are sad and want comfort-cuddles.  I would definitely feel weird cuddling strangers for no reason, but I might enjoy it if they were crying.

February 22, 2014 3:37 am  #9

My take.  Forget the money part, forget the strangers part.  Only friends or friends-of-friends allowed.  Send all your male friends to me who seem like they are sad and need comforting and we'll all get to know each other better and become one big happy friendship group. Oh, especially your cute gay friends so there's no risk of upsetting my husband.  LOL!

I know what people mean about the strangers part.  TV actors often have to hug (and sometimes even kiss) strangers they've just met.  Somehow, they have to get into it... it can't be easy!  Anyway, I didn't literally mean I want this literal job, but I do wish I could find a way to find some men who want to be cuddled and talk about their feelings and be comforted and cry buckets of tears on my shoulder.  I wouldn't take their money!  I still like the idea of meeting someone in group therapy of some kind.  Everyone in life, other than family, starts out as strangers... you just start to get to know some people in a certain context and then they end up becoming new friends.  

Buckets of tears... I like that imagery... 

Last edited by woundedpuppy (February 22, 2014 3:44 am)

Board footera