You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 22, 2014 6:30 pm  #1

Gillian Anderson: House of Mirth: Gut-Wrenching

The females who love guys crying (and I'm one) on this board seem to outnumber the males who love women crying, so I thought I'd post one for the guys. This clip of Gillian Anderson at the end of "House of Mirth" is so heartbreaking that I can't watch it without crying myself. 
She plays a formerly wealthy socialite who is now on the brink of starvation, paying a final visit to the man (Eric Stoltz) whose love she once spurned because he wasn't rich enough. (Starts from the beginning.) 

Climbing to a high chamber in a well of houses, he threw himself down in his clothes on a neglected bed, and its pillow was wet with wasted tears. -- A Tale of Two Cities

March 27, 2014 9:00 pm  #2

Re: Gillian Anderson: House of Mirth: Gut-Wrenching

Gillian Anderson did some amazing lip and chin tremble in the X-Files. This is the first time I saw her crying this intensely. I think she does a mild lip curl, though it's hard to see with this video quality. Solid find, though.

Ugly crying is pretty crying

March 27, 2014 9:38 pm  #3

She's a great cryer. House of mirth is really a masterpiece.

Tears are the last gift of true love.

April 20, 2014 11:50 pm  #4

Are any of y'all familiar with a singing group name of Block B?  There's a vid of a teen girl listening to them and crying her eyes out.

April 22, 2014 11:26 pm  #5

there's a vid entitled "It's My Birthday and I'll Cry if I Want to" that has a nice tissue sequence.

Board footera