You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 22, 2014 6:55 pm  #1

Hugh Laurie and Imelda Staunton: Peter's Friends

This is a very intense scene between Hugh Laurie and Imelda Staunton in "Peter's Friends". They play a couple whose marriage is collapsing after the sudden death of one of their infant twins. Here, he confronts her about her obsessive behavior towards their surviving son. The crying (hysterical) is mostly on her part, but Laurie is teary too (it's mostly in his voice). I think this was the first time he had done dramatic acting.  Beautifully played by both of them in one uncut take. 

Climbing to a high chamber in a well of houses, he threw himself down in his clothes on a neglected bed, and its pillow was wet with wasted tears. -- A Tale of Two Cities

March 27, 2014 6:08 pm  #2

Re: Hugh Laurie and Imelda Staunton: Peter's Friends

Amazing scene, i love Hugh Lurie, i also remember one scene in a movie where he is sobbing, it was made by a fan in a clip on youtube but sadly it was erased.. Does anyone know about what i'm talking? Maybe it's from this movie..

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

Board footera