You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 27, 2014 10:47 am  #11

Re: Why do the lip curl in adults remain unnoticed by most people?

=13pxI think it's also parttly an intensity thing. 

It partly is. I think the majority of the people who are "lip curlers" will do it at the "sobbing" stage of crying. There's a minority who will do it right away. There's another minority who will do it only when the crying is very intense. And there's even the strange sort who sometimes do it and sometimes don't without any pattern. I like to call the latter two the "occasionals". LOL

Ugly crying is pretty crying

March 27, 2014 7:25 pm  #12

I wonder if it is all down to the way people cry - I'm a firm believer that individuals have a "crying style". Very much like people have different laughs - some are quiet, some are loud. Like crying people can laugh quietly at something they fine mildly amusing and howl with laughter at something they find very funny.

As I mentioned in another thread comparing my wife's sisters crying habits they all cry in a very similar way and it changes in a similar way as the intensity increases. But some people will be "programmed" to only produce the lip bulge/curl when they are sobbing and for others it will be part of their usual crying style and appears all the time.

For the "occasionals" I think that's probably like the laugh thing - depending on you mood and how you feel you might just lose it over something relatively minor which on any other day you would just cry without a lip curl.

You've mentioned your wife displays the lip curl from time to time - is it linked to intensity? if she is very upset does the lip curl become more pronounced? does the flow of her tears increase the harder she cries?

March 27, 2014 8:55 pm  #13

My wife is like a faucet, and it flows harder with intensity. I can't touch her face then without getting most of my hands wet. She has a habit of wiping them rigrously, especially if she's crying out of anger (which is 80% of the time). But when she's crying softly she let's them fall. There was one occasion when she was talking to me when she started to cry. Her lip started wobbling and a single tear fell from her eyes all the way down. You'd probably like it if you saw it.

When she cries softly, her bottom lip does like a weird tremble-curl. If the lips tremble while the mouth is open, I treat it as the beginning of a lip curl. Her lip goes a little further. It sticks out a little in a pout and sort of jerks up and down in a way that's pretty hot. When it gets intense, the lip curls in that pulled back way. Going into the mouth but still curled and the chin drawn up. I prefer it to stick outwards but we can't have everything.

March 28, 2014 1:50 pm  #14

I think that for people who don't have a crying fetish, their focus when someone is crying is on the emotional aspect rather than the physical. Faces make a lot of expressions, whether it's crying, laughing, smiling, wrinkled in anger, etc., and people don't generally comment on the nature of the facial expression. Also, there is a wide variety of mouth shapes/motion during crying, and it's different for everyone, but the one common element is tears. Everyone who cries sheds them, and tears are generally the most definitive sign that one is crying.

Plus, many (most?) adults are embarrassed by the contortions of their mouths when crying, so I think a lot of people would consider it impolite to bring up the appearance (obviously, we on this forum are the exception).

As you know, the lips are my favorite part as well, aside from the emotional aspect and comforting. For me, it's definitely because the lip curl usually happens when someone is sobbing relatively hard (at least, more than just a couple of tears), and the intensity of the sobs is a huge turn-on. As I saw more videos and pictures, I began to appreciate the lips for purely aesthetic reasons, but I think it began as as a desire to witness the most intense sobbing I could find.

March 29, 2014 1:06 pm  #15

For me, it's definitely because the lip curl usually happens when someone is sobbing relatively hard (at least, more than just a couple of tears), and the intensity of the sobs is a huge turn-on. As I saw more videos and pictures, I began to appreciate the lips for purely aesthetic reasons, but I think it began as as a desire to witness the most intense sobbing I could find.

We certainly differ in that regard. Though I love intense crying, I tend to give more "points" if the lip curl happens earlier than the intense point. When I was about five I saw this teenage girl burst into tears suddenly. It was soft and lasted for just a few seconds. She barely made a noise but the lip was curled in a nice shape. It's one of the memorable observations I've had.

March 30, 2014 12:19 pm  #16

TorNorth wrote:

We certainly differ in that regard. Though I love intense crying, I tend to give more "points" if the lip curl happens earlier than the intense point. When I was about five I saw this teenage girl burst into tears suddenly. It was soft and lasted for just a few seconds. She barely made a noise but the lip was curled in a nice shape. It's one of the memorable observations I've had.

That does sound nice. My fascination with the lips began as an intensity-related thing, but at this point, I enjoy any type of lip curl. I guess if I see a lip curl during light crying (as you described), I often imagine how much more intense the lip curl might get if he or she were to start sobbing harder!

March 30, 2014 2:05 pm  #17

I often imagine how much more intense the lip curl might get if he or she were to start sobbing harder!

Ahh, yes. We're the same in that regard

March 30, 2014 2:43 pm  #18

TorNorth wrote:

My wife is like a faucet, and it flows harder with intensity. I can't touch her face then without getting most of my hands wet. She has a habit of wiping them rigrously, especially if she's crying out of anger (which is 80% of the time). But when she's crying softly she let's them fall. There was one occasion when she was talking to me when she started to cry. Her lip started wobbling and a single tear fell from her eyes all the way down. You'd probably like it if you saw it.

Oh Yes!    If she cries this hard with a health flow of tears the ones that escape her wiping do they drip from her chin, run down her neck?

I find it very attractive when my wife's tears drip from her chin or run down her neck - it has to be a fairly lengthly cry but she looks amazing when she is soaked in tears!

March 30, 2014 2:50 pm  #19

If she cries this hard with a health flow of tears the ones that escape her wiping do they drip from her chin, run down her neck?

I couldn't say. All of her intense crying happened in after lights out. The tears usually end up in her pillow, sleeves and sometimes my t-shirt (when she lets me comfort). Her face gets very very wet so I wouldn't be surprised if some rolled down her neck. In fact, I never actually saw her doing a BLT when she cries hard, since it's dark. I only know she does it because I feel it with my fingers.

March 31, 2014 7:24 pm  #20

That's incredibly frustrating TorNorth! Not being able to see the aspects of your fetish that you enjoy the most.

My wife has cried in bed a few times when it's dark and I've felt her wet face from tears - I really have to fight the urge to put the light on!

Board footera