You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 16, 2016 1:57 am  #21

Re: Videos/Photos: The Holy Grails

There's a deeply touching 1962 episode of the classic Twilight Zone series called "The Changing of the Guard" which features virtually start-to-finish crying from the lead, male character (played by Donald Pleasence).  I'd post it, but the copies presently on Youtube are both of very poor quality.     

August 10, 2016 11:59 pm  #22

Additionally, from the 1974 movie Murder on the Orient Express (with Albert Finney as Hercule Poirot), I remember a touching moment in the final scene when one of the characters -- I think he was a French waiter or chef -- breaks into tears recalling the death of his daughter and/or wife (sorry, it's been years since I've seen the film).  I can't find this on Youtube, though I do know that the actor who played the Frenchman was named Jean-Pierre Cassel.

August 11, 2016 12:12 pm  #23

I love that movie. The David Suchet remake has it's good points but it's too serious and when Poirot gets angry at the end it's a little too unbelievable

Security will run you down hard
And I will lead them on a merry chase

August 11, 2016 3:06 pm  #24

reptongeek wrote:

I love that movie. The David Suchet remake has it's good points but it's too serious and when Poirot gets angry at the end it's a little too unbelievable

I thought the Suchet remake was excellent for about the first 15 minutes, then went downhill from there.  Most of the supporting actors were poor, and you're right:  Suchet's Poirot was inappropriately angry at the end (in the novel he acts nothing like that).  Also, the musical score was no match for the famous Richard Rodney Bennett one in the 1974 version. 

I should probably buy a copy of the Finney version from Amazon.

September 13, 2016 1:13 am  #25

I remember a clip from September 11, 2001 in which an American newscaster broke down in tears from the enormity of what had taken place.  I would search for it online, but that would mean running across a lot of other Sept. 11 footage, which I probably couldn't watch without having a panic attack. 

July 9, 2017 7:22 pm  #26

White Tulip wrote:

I remember a clip from September 11, 2001 in which an American newscaster broke down in tears from the enormity of what had taken place.  I would search for it online, but that would mean running across a lot of other Sept. 11 footage, which I probably couldn't watch without having a panic attack. 

Im a new Yorker and remember so much about that day. I would never be able to enjoy that kind of footage because i know exactly what he was feeling.  It's too raw.

July 11, 2017 11:47 pm  #27

About ten years ago on TV I watched the then-new (and excellent) BBC adaptation of Jane Eyre.  One thing I remember was a scene in which Jane starts to cry and Rochester offers her his handkerchief.  Rochester was played by Toby Stephens (I'm not sure who played Jane).  I'd love to try to locate that scene online, but I don't remember where in the film it occurred.

July 12, 2017 5:08 am  #28

There was a scene in an episode of Crossing Jordan in which a man kind of stuck in a wall of rubble cried and cried and cried.

Don't mind me, I'm just here to fill my Lachrymatory of Holding.

July 17, 2017 8:10 pm  #29

White Tulip wrote:

About ten years ago on TV I watched the then-new (and excellent) BBC adaptation of Jane Eyre.  One thing I remember was a scene in which Jane starts to cry and Rochester offers her his handkerchief.  Rochester was played by Toby Stephens (I'm not sure who played Jane).  I'd love to try to locate that scene online, but I don't remember where in the film it occurred.

Found it!  There are tears from Ruth Wilson as Jane throughout the scene; the offering of the handkerchief begins at 1:48.

July 23, 2017 4:18 am  #30

And, as an addendum to the above post, I found where Toby Stephens admits to being a frequent crier in real life:

http://www.standard.co.uk/lifestyle/my-london-toby-stephens-6502150.html

Board footera