You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 9, 2014 9:52 pm  #1

The Normal Heart - Mark Ruffallo and Matt Boomer ( etc)

I saw the ending on HBO one night and i caught glimpses of a few crying scenes, mostly towards the end. Now after seeing this movie most actors in this movie cry, it's a psychological drama about the first spreads of AIDS among gays, it's a gay movie, a brilliant one actually. Mark Ruffallo tears up at least 5-6 times.

http://www.movie4k.to/The-Normal-Heart-watch-movie-5418393.html ( two most important sob scenes are from 118:46 on , at 108:00 )

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

August 11, 2014 12:11 pm  #2

Re: The Normal Heart - Mark Ruffallo and Matt Boomer ( etc)

This movie is how I got hooked to Matt Bomer for the first time. Since I love angst & characters suffering, I never could really like Matt in White Collar cos he's "too perfect" and doesn't show much emotions in the series. It's like he's there just to look pretty.

But my opinion of him & his acting totally changed from watching The Normal Heart. He breaks my heart :'( Esp. seeing him so thin & sickly in the bathroom scene.

If you notice, Taylor Kitsch was on the verge of tears a couple of times in this movie.
He also said in interviews that he cried in between takes from the arguments with Mark Ruffalo.

PS: Not a fan of Mark Ruffalo, but he's great in this movie, esp. since he's a straight actor acting as a gay person.

Last edited by sakura (August 11, 2014 12:13 pm)

August 11, 2014 3:48 pm  #3

I didn't notice the Taylor Kitsch parts insmuch  that he cries at one point narrating the death of his lover, that's the only time i saw him distraught and then breaking down into Mark Ruffalo's arms ( no tears on display)..I really would like to see more of him crying, i find his face very interesting .
I browsed more clips of his parts in  other 2 movies on youtube but untill now i didn't find anything particular as far as crying goes..

I agree that Matt and Mark are perfect in those roles, very realistic that makes their dramatic scenes far more intense then anything i saw them in. I really love gay movies, there's so much sadness and paradox in those crooked feelings of theirs.
I saw once on T.V a movie with Marc Warren and Lee Williams, it was called ''No night is too long'' and both play the same type of gay men in love but caught up in a twisted tragedy. They both cry a lot in it and are very sexy as well.

Last edited by psychic_girl (August 11, 2014 3:49 pm)

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

August 12, 2014 5:37 pm  #4

Oooh, thank you so much for the movie rec! I'm downloading it right now, can't wait to see..
I love gay movies, too. There's usually a lot of angst in them. 

I too haven't seen much of Taylor Kitsch crying.. I know he cries in a few of Friday Night Lights episodes, but since I don't follow the series, I don't really wanna dig through the oh so many episodes.
I think I saw him crying in The Bang Bang Club, but that, too, is unsatisfactory.

And yes, his crying scene in The Normal Heart (narrating his lover's death) is not very satisfactory since you can't see the tears :/

I think this is from Friday Night Lights:

August 13, 2014 10:06 am  #5

Thank you for the information, Sakura, the picture that you attached it was in one of the clips on youtube from  Friday Night Lights. I'll try to find more of Taylor Kitsch's scenes in this when i'm less busy. And i'll post more as soon as i can .

Woody Harrelson

January 7, 2015 9:11 pm  #6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YuV6LedUiI (at 3'11 is the snot scene with Joe Mantello)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lNO8zoa-E8 (different scenes from the film, quite depressing so)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ulb6nQqOrcM (anotherone)

May 3, 2015 5:36 am  #7

great site..

May 3, 2015 5:37 am  #8

i love to watch movies every weekends.

May 3, 2015 6:06 pm  #9

I also remember reading that Ryan Murphy (the director) cried the first time he saw how skinny Matt Bomer had gotten for the role.

Matt Bomer is cute, can't wait to catch him again in AHS this fall! Speaking of which, Finn Wittrock has a small part in The Normal Heart, and yum, because he's really hot. (Finn also cried in AHS Freak Show, quite nicely. There's a scene where a tear drips off his nose that is just... Yum.)

May 3, 2015 9:59 pm  #10

Does anyone have any scenes of Taylor crying from FridayNight Lights?? I was disappointd when he buried his face in Mark Ruffalo's neck...I, too, wanted to see the tears and hear sobs. I am a very auditory person - I love hearing the whimpering and sobs...sort of where I feel I can "comfort" them. ;)

Board footera