You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 6, 2016 9:14 pm  #11

Re: Bunch of brief observations (F)

I really love reading these observations.   I wish I got more of my own, but reading these is almost as good! 

February 24, 2016 12:07 am  #12

I have a frustrating "non-observation"...

Involves a couple of co-workers I'm with alot. A "hot-ish" guy and a girl who are close friends. The guy's been going through a lot of stress lately and they came back from a lunch break together and when the guy was not around the girl takes it upon herself to tell me that he he was so stressed during the break that he was crying, actually crying tears while talking to her.

I just said said "aw" or something like that but inside I'm feeling..."is she BRAGGING to me that she got to be there and not me??"

now of course I know that's unlikely since she doesn't know about my "inclinations" and I've never got a hint that she has any simliar ones.

But still that's how it felt! Lol. Like "Good for you, now stfu!" haha

June 30, 2016 11:05 pm  #13

I need to get these off my chest.

I was at a casual pizza restaurant with some co-workers. A young couple (in their late 20’s) at the booth across from us was arguing intensely but quietly.  The woman had short red hair and freckled complexion but my view of her face was half obscured by their baby sitting in a high chair in front of them. The woman was holding her own, but then the man leaned back, gestured to the baby, and said something with a bit of a smirk. The woman instantly lowered her head and sobbed about ten times. She had small, oval lips. The last two sobs were especially hard, and that’s when her face really crumpled and her lip finally curled. Then she looked up and grabbed a napkin from a dispenser next to her. For the next minute the man kept talking, and she just listened while crying quietly with the tissue held close to her face, occasionally moving it slightly to her left and right cheeks to wipe tears. After a minute she rose to go to the bathroom, and when she returned her face was still red. I suspect she may have been pregnant because her left hand remained pressed to her lower abdomen the entire time.

I was sitting at the gate at an airport and a woman in her mid-thirties with short blonde hair slowly rose from her seat and walked to the bathroom, without facial expression and without making eye contact with anyone. Her face was obviously wet. When she returned she looked completely composed. Honestly now I am unsure whether she was even crying.

This one was unexpected. My friend’s girlfriend had just lost a weightlifting tournament. She’s late 20’s, brunette, brown eyes, strong jawline, perfect complexion, shockingly petite considering how strong she is. There was a picnic afterward. At the picnic, of the six people on her team, she and two others cried briefly but very hard. She has a small mouth and her upper lip is thinner than her lower lip, which made her lip curl look more exaggerated. She was sitting on a bench with her forehead in her hand, sobbing, and I saw one glinting tear drop off her nose. Her belly was not exposed, but her uniform was quite tight and I saw her abdomen pulsate pretty prominently with each sob. Her teammates also sobbed a little bit later but they were too far away for me to get a good look.

One of our supervisors at work just left for another opportunity. She’s in her early 40’s, African-American, tall, brown eyes. I walked into the room just as she was getting up to leave after saying good bye to everyone. I ever so briefly saw a tear fly down her left cheek, right before she dabbed it away with a tissue and went out the door.

Last edited by truffle (June 30, 2016 11:06 pm)

June 30, 2016 11:16 pm  #14

truffle wrote:

The woman instantly lowered her head and sobbed about ten times. She had small, oval lips. The last two sobs were especially hard, and that’s when her face really crumpled and her lip finally curled.

I like how you sort of kept count of her sobs. It's something I sometimes find myself considering, consciously or unconsciously.

truffle wrote:

Her belly was not exposed, but her uniform was quite tight and I saw her abdomen pulsate pretty prominently with each sob.

So hot. I would love to console her, and sit beside her on the bench. I can picture myself on her right side, left arm cuddling around her shoulders and right hand pressed warmly into her belly, feeling her shoulders and belly tremble. I have sometimes noticed that when in that position, the crier has a tendency to put her own hand on top my mine and press it even deeper into her. Love that.

"Bless me now with your fierce tears..."

July 1, 2016 8:47 am  #15

truffle wrote:

I need to get these off my chest.

I was at a casual pizza restaurant with some co-workers. A young couple (in their late 20’s) at the booth across from us was arguing intensely but quietly.  The woman had short red hair and freckled complexion but my view of her face was half obscured by their baby sitting in a high chair in front of them. The woman was holding her own, but then the man leaned back, gestured to the baby, and said something with a bit of a smirk. The woman instantly lowered her head and sobbed about ten times. She had small, oval lips. The last two sobs were especially hard, and that’s when her face really crumpled and her lip finally curled. Then she looked up and grabbed a napkin from a dispenser next to her. For the next minute the man kept talking, and she just listened while crying quietly with the tissue held close to her face, occasionally moving it slightly to her left and right cheeks to wipe tears. After a minute she rose to go to the bathroom, and when she returned her face was still red. I suspect she may have been pregnant because her left hand remained pressed to her lower abdomen the entire time.

I was sitting at the gate at an airport and a woman in her mid-thirties with short blonde hair slowly rose from her seat and walked to the bathroom, without facial expression and without making eye contact with anyone. Her face was obviously wet. When she returned she looked completely composed. Honestly now I am unsure whether she was even crying.

This one was unexpected. My friend’s girlfriend had just lost a weightlifting tournament. She’s late 20’s, brunette, brown eyes, strong jawline, perfect complexion, shockingly petite considering how strong she is. There was a picnic afterward. At the picnic, of the six people on her team, she and two others cried briefly but very hard. She has a small mouth and her upper lip is thinner than her lower lip, which made her lip curl look more exaggerated. She was sitting on a bench with her forehead in her hand, sobbing, and I saw one glinting tear drop off her nose. Her belly was not exposed, but her uniform was quite tight and I saw her abdomen pulsate pretty prominently with each sob. Her teammates also sobbed a little bit later but they were too far away for me to get a good look.

One of our supervisors at work just left for another opportunity. She’s in her early 40’s, African-American, tall, brown eyes. I walked into the room just as she was getting up to leave after saying good bye to everyone. I ever so briefly saw a tear fly down her left cheek, right before she dabbed it away with a tissue and went out the door.

Great observations as always. It's a pity you didn't get to see the faces of the teammates. I have a special love for sportswomen crying.

As for the woman in the restaurant, did you get any more glimpses of her lips after she pressed a tissue on her face?

Did you enjoy these obs? If so, which one most?

Ugly crying is pretty crying

July 2, 2016 1:34 pm  #16

TorNorth wrote:

As for the woman in the restaurant, did you get any more glimpses of her lips after she pressed a tissue on her face?

Did you enjoy these obs? If so, which one most?

As soon as she got up to go to the bathroom her lip curl returned that I could see for a split second, but that's it. She looked really defeated and hurt; I didn't really enjoy that tbh.

Now, watching the weightlifter girl made the blood rush to my face. There's something special about strong, passionate, beautiful people being openly emotional. She's an inch shorter than me but she could probably deadlift two of me. I swear if she were at all interested in me I would be all over that. It was unexpected because I always thought younger athletes were more likely to cry. My high school female lacrosse team cried as a group a number of times. When I was in high school I was a member of a pretty good local gymnastics team, and I don't think it would surprise you to learn that we cried quite a bit as well. Gymnasts cry differently from lacrosse players, in my experience (although this is a ridiculously broad generalization). But yes, like you I'm really into athletes. I'm a barely average gymnast, but my wife is one hell of a runner and softball player.

July 2, 2016 2:18 pm  #17

You can't just end like that. Now I have to know. How do different female athletes cry differently?

July 2, 2016 6:38 pm  #18

From watching the lacrosse players, it looked like they cried more in groups (at least two people) after a win or loss, and less during practice. They cried hard with lip curls and hard body shakes, and it was usually outside so they were often squinting in the sunlight while doing so. There was more hugging and more activity and movement while crying (jogging, walking, yelling). The only time I saw an individual cry on her own was when she was injured. Lacrosse players were not frequent criers in day-to-day life. The only time I saw a lacrosse player cry outside of the sport was right after prom (don't know the reason) but she hid her face and was wiping her eyes.

My wife reports that softball players were not big criers, but that may be because her league was not particularly passionate about the sport. That’s why she quit. But she did see runners cry after races, pretty intense as well.

Gymnastics teams are just groups of individual participants, because it’s not a team sport. There’s a lot more internal rivalry, and a lot more pressure to perform because, during competitions, only one (occasionally two) people participate from a team while the rest of the team just watches. Very rarely did a group of us cry at once. Usually it was just one of us slipping outside or into a different room to quietly cry after a spectacular fail. Gymnasts were way more likely to sit still while crying. Sobs were quieter, and tears ran down our cheeks much more visibly because the tears weren’t being swept away on sleeves or hair or shoulders.  And usually it was only one or two people comforting the crier (as compared with half the lacrosse team comforting their criers). Still a lot of beautiful lip curls even without sobs. We also more makeup to competitions (so more mascara tears as opposed to clear tears from the team sport players). The sport happened indoors so there was less squinting, and their eyes were more visible. My teammates tended to be easy criers in daily life as well, and were comfortable letting tears roll down their cheeks in front of friends and strangers while socializing outside of the sport.

There. Those are my sweeping generalizations about thousands of women, based on my own scant experience with a few teams in three American towns. Just ask of you're still curious about anything.

July 2, 2016 7:19 pm  #19

Very good stuff. Generalizations though they may be, I always appreciate your attention to detail. It's a pleasure to read.

July 2, 2016 7:39 pm  #20

truffle wrote:

From watching the lacrosse players, it looked like they cried more in groups (at least two people) after a win or loss, and less during practice. They cried hard with lip curls and hard body shakes, and it was usually outside so they were often squinting in the sunlight while doing so. There was more hugging and more activity and movement while crying (jogging, walking, yelling). The only time I saw an individual cry on her own was when she was injured. Lacrosse players were not frequent criers in day-to-day life. The only time I saw a lacrosse player cry outside of the sport was right after prom (don't know the reason) but she hid her face and was wiping her eyes.

My wife reports that softball players were not big criers, but that may be because her league was not particularly passionate about the sport. That’s why she quit. But she did see runners cry after races, pretty intense as well.

Gymnastics teams are just groups of individual participants, because it’s not a team sport. There’s a lot more internal rivalry, and a lot more pressure to perform because, during competitions, only one (occasionally two) people participate from a team while the rest of the team just watches. Very rarely did a group of us cry at once. Usually it was just one of us slipping outside or into a different room to quietly cry after a spectacular fail. Gymnasts were way more likely to sit still while crying. Sobs were quieter, and tears ran down our cheeks much more visibly because the tears weren’t being swept away on sleeves or hair or shoulders.  And usually it was only one or two people comforting the crier (as compared with half the lacrosse team comforting their criers). Still a lot of beautiful lip curls even without sobs. We also more makeup to competitions (so more mascara tears as opposed to clear tears from the team sport players). The sport happened indoors so there was less squinting, and their eyes were more visible. My teammates tended to be easy criers in daily life as well, and were comfortable letting tears roll down their cheeks in front of friends and strangers while socializing outside of the sport.

There. Those are my sweeping generalizations about thousands of women, based on my own scant experience with a few teams in three American towns. Just ask of you're still curious about anything.

Allow me to bug you with further questions. Can we have more details of specific crying incidents? Especially (for me) the beautiful lip curlers of gymnastics sound tantalizing. Especially since female gymnists look lovely with all the makeup. Some details of the lacrosse players too, if you can.

Ugly crying is pretty crying

Board footera