You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 2, 2016 10:24 pm  #21

Re: Bunch of brief observations (F)

There were so many incidents and they’re blurring together in my mind now.  We had an intense coach who was extremely critical and loud and her tirades were one of the most frequent causes of tears. This was so common that the coach implemented a rule for anyone who wanted to cry. During practice, the freshmen, sophomores, and juniors were entitled to two 10-minute breaks at any time, if they felt that she was being too hard on them. If we took even a second longer, we were kicked out of practice. I used this three times in my first year on the team, and I’m not a weak minded person. She also recommended specific waterproof eye makeup for our meets.

There was one girl on our team who only cried once all year during practice. She had a really cute chin dimple, blonde, blue eyes, with a round face. Her lips were downward pointed, and her top lip was thinner than her bottom lip, with pink lipstick. Our coach’s father was observing us and our coach was not yelling at us nearly as much as usual, which was weird. The girl performed a maneuver on the balance beam poorly, lost her balance, and dropped on the mat, and our coach (unusually) just said “that’s fine, try again”. She tried again, but she was so stressed and probably confused at the coach’s reaction that she dropped again. This time she walked to the coach’s father, apologized politely for not being on her game, and promptly exited and a couple of us followed her. She turned around to try to stop us and had a huge closed mouth lip curl with wrinkled chin, squinted eyes. We guided her to a bench and sat with her while she vented. She sat back on the bench with her face turned upward and sobbed initially while rubbing her eyes, with an open mouth lip curl. She didn’t look at either of us. When the sobbing stopped, she looked down at her hands and played with her nails while sniffling, letting tears flow down her cheeks. While making soothing sounds, I took the liberty of wiping a huge, gorgeous tear from midway down the outer side of her left cheek. I let the next tear drop all the way down her cheek to her chin, and I wiped that one as well. After that I stopped wiping because it might have gotten weird. Again there was a few brief sobs, much harder this time, and then she suddenly stood up and walked to the restroom. We didn’t follow her. When she came out her eyes were wet and her eyelashes were sticking together, but she was composed. This is the best sobbing obs that I can think of.

Another time, one of our two team captains cried after a competition. She’s Pakistani, high cheek bones, pretty full lips. We had won, but a girl on the other team had sustained an ankle injury that needed surgery. I had wanted to see her cry for 2 years and it finally happened. The captain was friends with the girl who got injured, and as soon as we had boarded the bus to go home she started to cry. She was sitting to my left, looking out the window, sniffling, and I saw a slow tear roll down her right cheek, glinting in the sunset. Then she did a closed-mouth lip curl on and off for about 3 minutes. Her cheeks dimpled when she lip curled. 6 tears ran down her right cheek, making two different tear streaks on the same cheek. Every time she lip curled, the tear streaks would glint a little bit as the sunlight hit her face at a slightly different angle. She didn’t want the coach to see her cry so none of us made a huge fuss about it, but I held her hand tight the entire time. Her waterproof mascara worked well, the tears were crystal clear. She pulled a tissue when she was done and patted her face dry.

I only saw the lacrosse players cry close up when they won a regional championship, and I happened to be dating one of the players. It was pretty brief, but they were yelling and crying and jumping up and down, and I really can’t remember any individual lip curls on any of them. My girlfriend at the time didn’t cry during the incident. And then she broke up with me three days later and cried a little bit then, but it was just tears down the cheeks from both of us at the time.

I don't think guys have any idea how much girls cry. At all.

July 2, 2016 10:33 pm  #22

truffle wrote:

Beautiful memories. But would you say that we underestimate how much girls cry? Because I've known women who cried several times a week.

"Bless me now with your fierce tears..."

July 2, 2016 10:38 pm  #23

Hah. Okay. Then you're on the right track 

July 2, 2016 10:41 pm  #24

I could listen to these stories all day. Might try to recall a few of my own later.

"Bless me now with your fierce tears..."

July 2, 2016 11:40 pm  #25

I have a female coworker who cries at the drop of a hat. When I first met her almost a decade ago she was pregnant at the time, and one day started crying about something sad a group of us had been told (while every one else just went "aww that's horrible" with no tears)

I asked her if she would have cried anyway or if she was extra emotional because of hormones and I can't remember what she said. BUT I found out through subsequent years of working with her, yeah she probably would have cried anyway. ;)

July 3, 2016 1:54 am  #26

We do now

Did you have a crying spell during any of those 10 min breaks?

Ugly crying is pretty crying

July 3, 2016 2:01 am  #27

Yeah, like I said in that first paragraph, I used the breaks three times. Twice was to help someone else. One time was when I was having a lot of trouble myself. But it was just tears down the cheeks and I was back in 5 minutes.

It seems so stupid now. But I swear gymnastics was a big, big deal to me back then.

OK enough. Now you have to talk about how many guys cried in your school sports teams!
/sarcasm

July 3, 2016 2:06 am  #28

truffle wrote:

Yeah, like I said in that first paragraph, I used the breaks three times. Twice was to help someone else. One time was when I was having a lot of trouble myself. But it was just tears down the cheeks and I was back in 5 minutes.

It seems so stupid now. But I swear gymnastics was a big, big deal to me back then.

OK enough. Now you have to talk about how many guys cried in your school sports teams!
/sarcasm

Er...I could tell you about that guy who laughed a lot, because our PE teacher made us hold him down on the ground and tickle him. I went to a boys school, a very rough one. It still surprises me that no crying happened at sports, despite the constant injuries.

Ugly crying is pretty crying

July 3, 2016 12:02 pm  #29

People crying because of their sports team losing is usually one of the things my automatic fetish-meter registers on the "dumb reason to cry so not as exciting" side.

Though I know it happens alot and I do understand why it happens. (I used to follow college football)

Board footera