You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 30, 2014 9:38 am  #1

East of Eden

East of Eden is a film I saw at school. There is an intense crying scene in the film and i remember my class mates laughing about. Our teacher kept saying "that is art! that is a great actor".
Later I saw the film with James Dean playing Cal and it is a realy great crying scene. Towards the end of the film is some more crying.
The first scene I didn't finde completely on youtube, it is just the beginning. The following part, which I didn't find on youtube is more sobbing. Cal is under a tree and you can't see him but the sobbing is heart wrenching.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuzxwdTacjE
This is the finale:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKYWpp-qKuQ

November 30, 2014 2:08 pm  #2

Re: East of Eden

This is great flatter , I remeber it very well, i was in highschool when i saw the movie after i read the book. I loved the crying scene under the tree and the scene with his father before that. James Dean is a wonderfull crier. I guess if he had lived up to his old age he would have had a great deal of crying scenes in the movies.
He also has an awsome break down  scene at the beginning of the ''Rebel Without a Cause''  with a lot of tears streaming down his cheeks. I'm so sorry he died because he would have been amazing.

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

November 30, 2014 9:51 pm  #3

There is also a crying scene at the end of rebel without a cause when his friend is shot by the police. When he tries to close the zipper of the jacket he tries to see clearly through his tears an opens his eyes and mouth in a very realistic way (not looking beautiful), just as he did in the father/son scene in East of Eden

December 1, 2014 5:53 pm  #4

I remember that scene, great eye for detail, flatter . I noticed  it everytime they aired Rebel Without a Cause on TNT channel and at one point it seemed i saw a drop of tear falling down from one of his eyes.I tried to record it several times to be sure about it but i couldn't decide finally since my video recorder and the tapes that i used showed the image at a very low quality.
Long time i thought this was the only crying scene. Untill  late highschool i never had the opportunity to see this movie from the very beginning when there's that major crying scene with visible tears. Taking into account the scene at the end when he opens his mouth wailing a little bit i thought James Dean was overacting it a bit there.
I also had the same impression in East of Eden before he goes out of the kitchen though the sounds he makes later on are much more convincing..

Last edited by psychic_girl (December 1, 2014 5:57 pm)

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

Board footera