You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 31, 2012 2:15 pm  #11

Re: Anyone looking forward to Olympics 2012?

Hehe... little do all these athletes know that there's another competition going on... for best crier!!  At the end of the Olympics, you should award someone the gold.

Wonder how the Canadian criers will fare.  Go Canada! 

July 31, 2012 5:14 pm  #12

What about the Russian female gymnastic team, they're crying their eyes out at this very moment..

August 3, 2012 11:17 pm  #13

woundedpuppy wrote:

Hehe... little do all these athletes know that there's another competition going on... for best crier!!  At the end of the Olympics, you should award someone the gold.

LOL precisely.

I certainly hope to get something good out of the Canadian beauties.

Ugly crying is pretty crying

August 4, 2012 1:56 pm  #14

Maria Sharapova is playing her tennis final as we speak. It will be the career golden slam if she wins (i.e. a big deal), so the medal ceremony should make this lovely ice queen defrost into tears hopefully

Security will run you down hard
And I will lead them on a merry chase

August 6, 2012 5:32 am  #15

Andy Murray usually puts on a pretty good show.  I haven't been able to find much footage of him winning the gold or the medal ceremony, but what I have seen, he seems to be doing a pretty bad job at keeping his emotions in check 

"...men do not cry. They will do anything BUT cry. They stop themselves crying. And eventually they do cry if it is bad enough. So that's how you know with a man how bad it is for him. Because he would've stopped himself...Men always cry like that. They don't cry and in the end they do and if they do then it's overwhelming." ~Michael Caine

August 6, 2012 12:34 pm  #16

Hell even I got a bit emotional seeing Andy get his gold

Security will run you down hard
And I will lead them on a merry chase

August 6, 2012 1:01 pm  #17

YES me too, have to admit I got a tear in my eye when he won that final point and the crowd went wild. I saw all the footage of his win and also the medal ceremony. He got a bit teary but seemed to hold it together for the most part.
His loss at Wimbledon last month though was an entirely different story. Trembling lip, shaky voice and tears streaming down his face. VERY cute, although I did prefer to see him win than lose. 

Crying does not indicate you are weak, since birth it has been a sign that you are alive.

August 6, 2012 3:52 pm  #18

My list of favourite criers so far:

Ann Grete Norgaard

Annemiek de Haan

Audrey Tcheumeo

Emily Seebohm

GĂ©vrise Emane

Jessica Ennis

Sandra Perkovic

Sayaka Sato

Shin A Lam

Victoria Pendleton

Yi Siling

Keep it up, ladies! And by "up" I mean "down". The lower lip, that is.

Last edited by TorNorth (August 6, 2012 3:53 pm)

Ugly crying is pretty crying

August 7, 2012 12:45 pm  #19

Not sure if anyone was watching the Athletics last night but there was a guy from the Dominican Republic who won one of the races. I think it was the 400 metre hurdles but not sure and sadly can't remember his name. However he cried buckets in the medal ceremony it was quite fun and cute to watch. 

Crying does not indicate you are weak, since birth it has been a sign that you are alive.

August 10, 2012 11:26 pm  #20

It is such a secret place, the land of tears.
-- Antoine de Saint Exupery, "The Little Prince"

Board footera