You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 3, 2015 10:39 pm  #1

Question about Tim Roth

It is really hard to find scenes where Tim Roth is crying. I have searched for it and have only find one where he is injured in the car. Don't know what movie that is. But, I would like to find more. Do you guys know any other scene with him crying? If so, it would be great if you could post the link here.

"it doesn't take a lot of straingh to hang on, it takes a lot of straingh to let go" 

June 4, 2015 1:35 pm  #2

Re: Question about Tim Roth

I remember him crying, sobbing at one point in Funny Games. You can  find the movie online for i don't have time for the moment to browse for those scenes, there are a few very intense ones where he is on the point of sobbing or with  the typical glassy look. I just found this clip on youtube, it's from this movie :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4M_RaVOt1U ( too bad is soo short)..

Last edited by psychic_girl (June 4, 2015 2:39 pm)

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

June 4, 2015 1:42 pm  #3

I couldn't help not to research a bit . The whole movie is on youtube, pause at around 38:00 and at 48:00   into the movie and you'll get one of the scenes ) where he sheds tears but not sobbing. He has very peculiar eyes and they turn really green and glassy while he tears up. There''s also another clip with him there called ''No tears'', it's made by a fan with takes from 56 movies  of his and there are a few short hints about him crying but sadly the poster didn't name the movies and the particular parts where they can be found.

Last edited by psychic_girl (June 4, 2015 9:28 pm)

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

June 5, 2015 4:20 pm  #4

I LOVE Tim Roth and have seen many of his movies and can attest to the fact that he doesn't really cry much.  "Reservoir Dogs" is the one mentioned in the first post (where he's gut-shot and screaming in the back of the car), but even then there aren't any actual tears (epic performance though).  
So I was surprised that his picture in the "Crying Men" book is pretty teary and looks genuine:  https://myhaven.wordpress.com/2008/06/27/when-hollywood-leading-men-cry/

Climbing to a high chamber in a well of houses, he threw himself down in his clothes on a neglected bed, and its pillow was wet with wasted tears. -- A Tale of Two Cities

June 5, 2015 8:15 pm  #5

Only if he didn't cover half of his face with his hands...

"it doesn't take a lot of straingh to hang on, it takes a lot of straingh to let go" 

June 5, 2015 9:39 pm  #6

But at least he left his eyes uncovered.

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

June 5, 2015 11:04 pm  #7

Yes, teary eyes. Lets satisfy with that, for now.

October 28, 2015 3:40 pm  #8

Has anyone seen Chronic with Tim Roth? It seems it's a major drama and i guess there're a lot of crying moments in it..

Woody Harrelson

Board footera