You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 6, 2015 3:09 pm  #1

James McAvoy/Mark Strong: Welcome to the Punch

Two scenes edited together.  Perennial bad guy Mark Strong finally gets to shed some tears (for his dead son), while perennial crier James McAvoy adds yet another scene to his impressive resume (over his dead partner).  Not often a cops and robbers thriller has both the cop and the robber crying!  
https://youtu.be/WABo1FDjvoY

Climbing to a high chamber in a well of houses, he threw himself down in his clothes on a neglected bed, and its pillow was wet with wasted tears. -- A Tale of Two Cities

June 8, 2015 8:16 am  #2

Re: James McAvoy/Mark Strong: Welcome to the Punch

I'm so glad you posted this scene, Squonk, it's very nice when two bad ass guys cry like this. I still like McAvavoy scene better, it's like he ''allows'' himself to expose his vulnerability but not quite straight in front of Mark Strong and just for a few moments before he pulls himself together.. That's soo cool. As far as Mark Strong well he's quite a very good crier but it's a hard to catch game. I remember seeing him in the movie Low Winter Sun where he openly cries in front of another character while trying to keep his composure, he really tears up a lot and at one point he steps out from the dark ( the scene is with him in a basement where is quite dark ) and tears are streaming at high rate on his face..

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

August 30, 2019 1:28 am  #3

Re: James McAvoy/Mark Strong: Welcome to the Punch

They're both excellent scenes, but I particularly enjoy Mark's crying here. The whole scene is fantastic. The subtlety of how the corners of his eyes crinkle, his voice barely above a whisper as he orders him to get out, the very quiet sniffle as he pulls the sheet back over the body, the suspiciously wet breathing barely suppressing a sob, how he turns his crumpling face and then his body away from McAvoy to hide his tears, how he seems to almost be trying to push the tears back into his eyes as he covers his face, how determinedly he pulls himself together enough to go on... Ohhh it's exquisite.

Don't mind me, I'm just here to fill my Lachrymatory of Holding.

Board footera