You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 7, 2015 4:28 am  #1

Non-sexual crying arousal?

Hi everyone,
I have been on this forum for years, but it has been a while since my last posting. i recently went though something of a sexual awaking and mastrbated for the first time ( I am a virgin) . I was always confused about my attraction to crying and did not know if it was sexual, now I know it is not. Comforting someone else crying leaves me feeling warm and fuzzy and good, it shoot waves of pleasure over my whole body, and definitely has a huge draw for me. I will rewatch my favorite crying episode of a certain show untill I can recite the whole thing by heart, I will encourage my friends that it is ok to cry in front of me and secretly hope they will., I find myself thinking about it quite often, but it never leaves me wanting or able to mastrbate. My question for you is, is this normal? Are there others out there who find crying emotionaly stimulating and keep coming back for more, but not in a sexual way? I just want to know what this is if it's not a sex fetish... Is it just a quirk? Is it normal? Is it somethig else? Anyone else have this? I know I can't be the only one, but it will help to hear from others. Thank you!

Last edited by SomeoneG1 (June 7, 2015 4:30 am)

“...you know that a good, long session of weeping can often make you feel better, even if your circumstances have not changed one bit.”
― Lemony Snicket, The Bad Beginning

June 7, 2015 6:07 pm  #2

Re: Non-sexual crying arousal?

Yes, for me it's all about the comforting. Watching crying scenes on TV don't arouse me at all physically, but the connection is much more about the emotion. It's much more visceral and less erotic.

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

June 8, 2015 4:23 am  #3

I feel very similarly, honestly.  I thought for years that this was a sexual fetish for me, but as it turns out, I am actually asexual, and the intense feelings of pleasure I get from watching attractive people cry does not constitute sexual attraction.  I, too, will watch crying scenes over and over until I can memorize the lines in the scenes, or the timestamps in longer movies or videos when my favorite parts (usually tissue/nose blowing-related) take place.  It does leave me with intense physical arousal, often with the desire to masturbate to return my body to equilibrium, but nothing brings me to want to have sexual encounters with the people I'm observing.  That's the furthest thing from my mind at the time (and pretty much all the time!)  Long story short, I can relate, and non-sexual fetishes are totally a thing, even if they aren't super common.

June 8, 2015 5:14 pm  #4

I would say this is very normal and probably more health than my more sexual fetish. For me it's very sexual so I come at this from a very different angle than you. But, that's not to say that its wrong for you (or me for that matter).

You say that comforting makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside - are these feelings not sexual in nature? When you say you materbated for the first time did crying or comforting act as any stimulation?
Where the feelings from masterbating similar to the warm and fuzzy feelings?

June 8, 2015 5:20 pm  #5

Dacrypticphile wrote:

I feel very similarly, honestly.  I thought for years that this was a sexual fetish for me, but as it turns out, I am actually asexual, and the intense feelings of pleasure I get from watching attractive people cry does not constitute sexual attraction.  I, too, will watch crying scenes over and over until I can memorize the lines in the scenes, or the timestamps in longer movies or videos when my favorite parts (usually tissue/nose blowing-related) take place.  It does leave me with intense physical arousal, often with the desire to masturbate to return my body to equilibrium, but nothing brings me to want to have sexual encounters with the people I'm observing.  That's the furthest thing from my mind at the time (and pretty much all the time!)  Long story short, I can relate, and non-sexual fetishes are totally a thing, even if they aren't super common.

Find this really interesting - you watch people cry which develops into a desire to masterbate - which I'm guessing triggers a sexual arousal within you but you don't have a desire to have sexual encounters with the person. So there is sexual arousal but completely within your own body and self and not shared with others. Sounds very controlled - it's not a critism in anyway - find it interesting.

June 9, 2015 10:24 am  #6

I think it actually depends. I remember watching 'Traffic' for the first time and watching Erika Christensen's crying scene and being very aroused. Watching staring contests when I see tears has the same effect. Other times I just watch crying scenes and enjoy seeing a tear fall down one or both cheeks

Security will run you down hard
And I will lead them on a merry chase

June 10, 2015 2:13 am  #7

For me, crying itself is what I'd call an emotional fetish. I get extreme "warm fuzzies" from the idea of comforting someone attractive while they cry or seeing a cute comfort scene between two guys. (Yaoi fangirl here, not even gonna lie.)

However, crying can often get a bit, ahem... snotty. And that's when the genuine physical arousal kicks in. So it can be a slippery slope. But in the absence of that... yeah, just heart-bursty feelings.

Also, Dacrypticphile: Hey, I love nose stuff as well! Nice to see someone else.

June 12, 2015 2:42 am  #8

Woah. I am the EXACT same way as you described yourself. I love comforting people, it arouses me to the highest. I get so much pleasure and pure bliss from comforting someone who's crying and watching scenes involving that. I also literally fantasize about comforting someone every single day. But no matter how aroused I feel, I can never masturbate to it. So don't worry, you're definitely not alone on this. I'd say it's a quirk, but it doesn't mean you're abnormal! We all got our quirks. I actually find that kind of attraction rather sweet and kind.

"Sometimes, the best way to help someone is just to be near them."
-Veronica Roth

June 15, 2015 6:54 am  #9

I finally created an account for this website I've lurked on for a couple years just so that I could reply to this thread and tell you how much I relate to your post. 

I always knew crying and comforting wasn't a sexual thing for me, but I do have a sneeze fetish so maybe that's why it was so obviously non-sexual in comparison to me. I too re-watch comforting scenes over and over until I have them memorized. That's pretty much the only thing I cared about when reading fanfiction of my favorite books and movies. Always selecting hurt/comfort as the genre... skimming through to see if there were crying scenes... anyone who knew would think I was crazy.

But for me it's not really about the tears specifically, it's about the comforting. It's very rare for me to get a lot of pleasure (emotional pleasure that is) from a scene where someone is crying alone, unless it is a specifically male character that you haven't seen that side of before. I much prefer scenes where someone is crying and another person is there comforting them with words and hugs. It drives me mad to have scenes where a character is watching this person cry and provides no physical contact as comfort. I know some people don't like it and I'm not saying that people should always touch to comfort, it's just my preference in viewing and reading.

Anyway to sum up, this is completely relatable to me. It's such an obsession and yearning for me to comfort that it has become a key part of who I am. 

June 15, 2015 7:16 am  #10

Howdy, Softcenter, nice to have you on board.  Do some more posting and tell us about yourself.

Board footera