You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 18, 2015 7:06 am  #1

Bonanza "Forever, Part II"

A very famous scene from the first episode of Season 14. I remember watching this when it aired (many, many eons ago) and being quite enthralled. It just seemed so real, and natural.

(Scene starts at 14:00): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waHZo2sSxn0

As it turns out, it WAS real and not acted. There is a story behind that episode. You can read the article here:
http://mentalfloss.com/article/28798/first-time-tv-show-addressed-death-character

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

September 21, 2015 1:40 pm  #2

Re: Bonanza "Forever, Part II"

Amazing scene Caircair, i haven't been on the forum for a long time..i'm very happy to see this posted .

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

October 3, 2015 11:50 pm  #3

Just got a chance to watch this.  Wow.  Never seen it before.  The ones after Dan Blocker died don't get rerun much.
Very intense for the 1970s.  Hell, pretty intense for now.  
This must've been the genesis of all of Landon's future crying on "Little House on the Prairie."  I can see him thinking, "I'm going to get my own show and I'm going to cry ALL THE TIME."  

Climbing to a high chamber in a well of houses, he threw himself down in his clothes on a neglected bed, and its pillow was wet with wasted tears. -- A Tale of Two Cities

October 4, 2015 2:09 am  #4

I have to agree - this was one of, if not THE, best crying scene he ever did. After awhile it just got so obvious that he was faking.

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

Board footera