You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 1, 2018 2:22 am  #1

Celia's Tears

[Since I don't know your name or your girlfriend's name, I came up with the names. I hope you don't mind, SparklingEyes.

Context: Mark (SparklingEyes) and Celia barely finished watching a movie. Overcome with joy, Celia begins to cry.]
Celia and Mark watch the movie credits as the roll up the screen, neither of them quite wanting to get up to turn the tv off. Mark has an arm around Celia, who’s curled up on the couch, leaning her head against Mark’s shoulder. Celia sighs in contentment, soaking in the physical contact and the warm feelings the movie evoked. They chose to watch Black or White, a touching movie starring Kevin Costner. Mark had already seen the movie before, but he knew that Celia would enjoy the story.

“I love you,” Celia says, re-positioning her head to make eye contact with Mark.

Mark smiles. “I love you, too.”

Celia suddenly pulls out of the embrace and grins.

“What? What’s--” Mark stops talking, finally seeing the tears swimming in Celia’s dark eyes. “Oh. Those are happy tears, right?” He asks, just to be sure.

Celia nods, and the tears tremble with the motion. Mark watches them in fascination, lost in the unadulterated beauty. The tv screen, still showing the credits, suddenly turns white--Mark can see himself in the reflection of the tears. Just when he thinks that the tears can’t possibly hang on for a second longer, two fat tears slip out of Celia’s eyes and roll slowly down her delicate, pink cheeks. Mark reaches out and brushes them away with his thumbs. Celia keeps staring into Mark’s eyes, happy to be sharing a part of her soul with him. They both remain happily silent--Celia too happy to express her feelings in words, and Mark too fascinated to do anything but stare. He observes the unusual brightness in her eyes, the way a each tear seems to cling for dear life onto the eyelid before giving up, and the way the tear tracks reflect the light coming from the tv. He observes the love in her eyes, and he can’t quite believe that the love is for him.

Mark continues to wipe Celia’s tears until they stop flowing. Celia interlaces her fingers behind Mark’s head.

“Did you enjoy that?” She asks, already knowing the answer.

“Yes,” Mark says simply. He wipes the last tear track dry and cups Celia’s cheek. They lean in at the same moment and kiss tenderly.

As Mark lies in bed later that night, listening to Celia’s light snores, he remembers the tears and grins. Maybe he’ll share the experience on Crying Lovers. Then again…

Maybe he’ll keep it to himself.

Still, by the clock's revolution each hour,
I dissolve into tears about ev'ry half hour.

December 1, 2018 6:09 am  #2

Re: Celia's Tears

Nice, it seems as if you had read Sparkling Tears obs, very lovely, good details, have a nice weekend

December 1, 2018 4:56 pm  #3

I hope you have a nice weekend as well!

December 25, 2018 5:50 am  #4

It’s okay! I’m glad you found the time to read it, and I’m glad you like it! I really enjoyed writing it!

Board footera