You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 17, 2019 5:28 am  #1

Songs that make you cry

If this topic has already been posted feel free to delete

What song(s) makes you cry and why (if you feel comfortable enough to say). Have you ever cried to music in front of anyone and if so what was their reaction?

Your Song by Elton John. It reminds me of an ex best friend (haven't spoken in a few yrs). We were almost an item (but weren't). He used to sing this song to me any time I was having a rough day to make me feel special. My eyes usually only fill up with tears but once in a while if I really l I seen to the words close enough it can send a few tears rolling. Never cried to music in front of anyone.

And Christmas Shoesby New Song  because...Christmas Shoes. If you haven't heard it I highly recommend it (but only if you're ready to cry).

March 24, 2022 3:22 pm  #2

Re: Songs that make you cry

Should I add are there horses in heaven?

Your song also has a reaction in me but not enough to make me cry, one that usually gets me closer to tears is piano man.

March 24, 2022 4:48 pm  #3

The one song that makes me emotional is On My Own from Les Miserables. The last time I watched the film, I couldn't watch the rest of it after the song

Security will run you down hard
And I will lead them on a merry chase

March 25, 2022 8:26 am  #4

Ok y'all are getting me to be vulnerable here. These are the songs that make me need to leave the room if they play, and probably will still need hugs afterward. I can't think too hard about them even right now.

Good bye--Martina McBride
I don’t know you anymore--Savage Garden
Friends--Michael W Smith (it's so schmaltzy I hate it now, but it still works on me)
Fire and rain--James Taylor
Do you wanna build a snowman--Frozen
Some things are meant to be--Little Women
That girl has love--Rooney
When she loved me--Sarah McLachlan
The house that built me--Miranda Lambert
Big girls don't cry--Fergie

Last edited by PhoebeOnThePhone (March 25, 2022 8:28 am)

Don't mind me, I'm just here to fill my Lachrymatory of Holding.

March 25, 2022 10:11 pm  #5

Amans lacrimae wrote:

Should I add are there horses in heaven?

Your song also has a reaction in me but not enough to make me cry, one that usually gets me closer to tears is piano man.

Horses in Heaven did it to me (made me cry) the first time I heard it and still made me tear up the second time.

Piano Man is a nice song but doesn't make me tear up or cry, personally.

Board footera