You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 13, 2019 8:14 am  #1

Couple of obs at the eye doctor's

I went to see an eye doctor yesterday (and he told me I need to wear glasses, lol). I had two obs (only one with actual tears, but it was a good one) there. I was waiting to be called in for my appointment. The waiting area is basically a hallway with chairs on either sides, and both patients who are waiting for their appointments, and those who have been given eye drops before further tests wait in the same hallway. So, this first one is not really an obs because no actual tears were shed. However, there was this lady sitting on the opposite seat from me, and she was given some eye drops to put into her eyes before she could go in for a test. The eye drops were put into both her eyes, and they ran down her cheeks before she wiped them away with tissues. It was basically just one drop down each cheek.
The second was awesome and it had real tears. I finished one of my tests and was waiting for the next one when this girl came and sat down right next to me. I initially didn't pay her much attention. I was just looking at my phone when she asked me what I was there for. I turned to her to tell her my reason for being there and I saw that here eyes were quite watery. She told me that her eyes had been watering nonstop for a couple of days, and so she'd finally decided to come and see an eye doctor. We made some small talk, and her eyes were full of tears during the whole time, and much to my delight, a couple of tears ran down her face (both down her left cheek), though she wiped them almost immediately. In a few minutes, I was called in, but once again, much to my delight, she was still there when I came out, and since I had a few more tests to go, I sat down next to her again and I tried to find out more about her. As we talked, I caught a few more tears run down her cheeks, which she wiped instantly, but it was still a crazy obs. Then, unfortunately, she had to go and see the doctor, and before she came back, I got called in for my next test and I didn't see her again. But it was an amazing obs. Maybe I should go to get my eyes checked more often.

Tears of joy are beautiful.

June 13, 2019 12:29 pm  #2

Re: Couple of obs at the eye doctor's

Wow, you were looking at your phone and she started the conversation with you? Lucky!

Nobody has ever started a conversation with me in a doctors waiting room if I looked busy. Fantastic obs!

I'm a woman and I think women are beautiful when they cry.

June 17, 2019 8:18 am  #3

Yeah, I was lucky. I might have still noticed her tears eventually, but I don't think I'd have had an excuse to constantly stare at her. I think she first asked me what time it was before asking me why I was there. I've had that happen to me before as well. I'm just surprised that she let me, a total stranger, see her with tears in her eyes, though they were not emotional tears.

June 19, 2019 8:20 pm  #4

Wow! That's a great obs! How long were you with her? You said her eyes were filled with tears for the whole time. That's just amazing!

June 20, 2019 6:21 am  #5

I don't know, probably around 10 minutes? However long it was, it wasn't long enough! She did blink and wipe her eyes from time to time, but her eyes kept filling up again, with the odd tear making it on to her cheeks much to my delight.

Board footera