You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 7, 2019 1:33 am  #641

Re: Crying Scenes Directory

So jealous of you, sakura!

Don't mind me, I'm just here to fill my Lachrymatory of Holding.

August 14, 2019 1:04 pm  #642

So, Sakura...the ending scene of Moulin Rouge when Satine dies and Christian breaks down was done so well by Ewan MacGregor in the movie. How did Aaron do it?? Was there sobbing? Was it a long scene, like the movie did? I love Aaron! I am so jealous you got to see it! LOL..

August 15, 2019 10:26 am  #643

missyjdma wrote:

So, Sakura...the ending scene of Moulin Rouge when Satine dies and Christian breaks down was done so well by Ewan MacGregor in the movie. How did Aaron do it?? Was there sobbing? Was it a long scene, like the movie did? I love Aaron! I am so jealous you got to see it! LOL..

I had to watch the ending of the movie again to answer this.

In general though, I wouldn't compare the movie to the live musical, because they focus on different elements: the movie, even though it's a musical movie, focuses more in the acting and storyline, while the Broadway musical focuses more in the singing and dancing, and not so much in the storyline, tbh. 

So unlike in the movie, their banter when Satine's dying is very short in the musical; they're not given many lines at all. They just exchange some lines, then Satine dies. So what Aaron does in the ending scene is the same: Satine dies, Christian has to sing the last line of Your Song -- "how wonderful life is when you're in the world" (therefore there isn't time for a breaking down scene that involves sobbing like in the movie). Then the church bell tolls [i.e. Satine's funeral], and then Christian has to narrate the epilogue. 
(As a comparison: it takes around 4-5 minutes in the movie, from Satine dying to Christian breaking down, while it takes like 1-1.5 minutes in the musical, or even less than that, depending on how fast Aaron gets to sing the last line of Your Song.)

When I saw Aaron on my second performance, after pausing for like 20+ seconds (with a sob in between) to finally be able to sing the last line of "Your Song", he couldn't wipe his tears during the funeral (to stay in character), and just stayed there with his head down until he had to narrate the epilogue. When he lifted his face and narrated the epilogue, I could clearly see his face full of tears and his voice was nasally/watery.
For a Broadway musical, one has to sit really close to be able to see the tears from the actors' face, that's why you can't really compare it with the movie. Ewan did such a great job breaking down in that scene, but I still count myself lucky to be able to see (and hear) Aaron cry a lot in the live musical.

It's different from night to night, of course. Oftentimes he doesn't cry in the ending scene, sometimes he cries after singing Roxanne, or during the songs Crazy/Rolling in the Deep. But in general, there's no question as to his ability to emote, as some fans have testified to see him singing in tears in different nights (and still maintaining his vocal stability, I don't even know how he manages to sing so well while in tears!). So if you're coming to New York and going to see Moulin Rouge on Broadway, make sure to buy a seat as close to the stage as possible ^^

September 15, 2019 4:53 am  #644

The Aftermath has a couple of really good crying scene

Nice comforting scene with Keira Knightly's character where she sobs into Alexander Saargards arms.  
Also, Jason Clarke has two scenes toward the end of the movie.  The first is a nice subdued tearful and shaking chin scene, the second is him full out sobbing- first time I have ever seen this actor cry.   Something I've looked forward too since Brotherhood.  Enjoy!

"...men do not cry. They will do anything BUT cry. They stop themselves crying. And eventually they do cry if it is bad enough. So that's how you know with a man how bad it is for him. Because he would've stopped himself...Men always cry like that. They don't cry and in the end they do and if they do then it's overwhelming." ~Michael Caine

September 15, 2019 7:29 pm  #645

yellowrose wrote:

The Aftermath has a couple of really good crying scene

The first is a nice subdued tearful and shaking chin scene, the second is him full out sobbing- first time I have ever seen this actor cry.   Something I've looked forward too since Brotherhood.  Enjoy!

He also cries in Pet Sematary a few times. There are mostly teary scenes or with tears streaming. Towards the end of the movie there's also a lenghtier scene with him shedding tears or having red rimmed eyes  after some crying.

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

September 17, 2019 12:47 am  #646

Plenty of wet and/or streaming eyes in IT Chapter Two. Off the top of my head, Jessica Chastain and James McAvoy are shown with tears coming from their eyes, and Bill Hader covers his face and audibly sobs at the end.

November 4, 2019 9:43 pm  #647

John Krasinski has a short crying scene at the end of the first episode of the new Jack Ryan season.  Similar to the one in 13 hours but not as pronounced.  He's such a good crier, I would love to see a show/movie really let him cry...sigh.

"...men do not cry. They will do anything BUT cry. They stop themselves crying. And eventually they do cry if it is bad enough. So that's how you know with a man how bad it is for him. Because he would've stopped himself...Men always cry like that. They don't cry and in the end they do and if they do then it's overwhelming." ~Michael Caine

November 9, 2019 2:47 am  #648

Ryan Phillippe has a crying scene near the end of Shooter Season 3 episode 8.  I'm not sure how believable it was but he's damn good looking.   

November 11, 2019 8:20 pm  #649

James Roday has a realistic though short sobbing scene in the latest episode of A Million Little Things where he is saying goodbye.  I always wondered watching Psych whether he would be a good crier, turns out he is

November 18, 2019 1:57 am  #650

Yellowrose, I just watched the Jack Ryan scene. Understated and beautiful!

Last edited by PhoebeOnThePhone (November 18, 2019 5:38 pm)

Board footera