You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 11, 2019 10:41 pm  #1

Friend Cried While Clinging to My Side

So, to keep this fairly short and sweet, I was visiting an old friend at her apartment and we were chilling on her bed playing some video games, having a nostalgia night to clear our heads. We'd both been going through a lot of hard times lately and at one point she said "why don't you tell me what's on your mind? I can tell you're uncomfortable."

And I said "what makes you think that?"

To which she replies, "I'm an empath, I know."

So I put the game on pause and we begin spilling our respective tales of woe. As I do, she begins nuzzling in closer to me with her head nudging under my arm, and her clinging around my right leg.

At some point I felt a wetness against my side, and I realized she was leaking tears on my shirt. "You're crying?" I said. She sniffled and answered, "I'm an empath, I told you. I feel it to," with a sort of half-sob half-laugh.

"Bless me now with your fierce tears..."

December 12, 2019 6:04 am  #2

Re: Friend Cried While Clinging to My Side

Whew. Not gonna lie, this was really cute. I'm also an empath, and while it's frustrating, it can also be a useful thing.

December 12, 2019 6:16 am  #3

I agree that was really sweet. I wish I knew someone who was an empath.

December 24, 2019 4:27 am  #4

So here's an update. It happened again, only this time much more intense. She had apparently had a fight and falling out with some friends, and was on the verge of an emotional breakdown by the time I visited. 

It was actually a little gross this time, because she managed to soak my right thigh (where her head was resting) with snot, she was crying so hard. My pant leg was really soaked with tears, as was the pillow next to it.

December 25, 2019 6:06 am  #5

NeedHerSobs wrote:

So here's an update. It happened again, only this time much more intense. She had apparently had a fight and falling out with some friends, and was on the verge of an emotional breakdown by the time I visited. 

It was actually a little gross this time, because she managed to soak my right thigh (where her head was resting) with snot, she was crying so hard. My pant leg was really soaked with tears, as was the pillow next to it.

See, I would not call that gross at all! Or rather, that kind of "gross" crying is definitely what I love. My heart would skip a beat, I swear. I'm sorry that your friend is going through such a hard time, though. I've lost my fair share of friends over the years, and it always hurts. I'm glad you're looking out for her, though.

December 25, 2019 8:53 pm  #6

Tears are fine, but at virus season it ruins the moment a bit to get snotted all over.

Still, it wasn't a bad experience.

December 28, 2019 5:08 pm  #7

The first one was cute, but the second one, that was raw emotion, she clearly needed support. Did you wipe or kiss her tears at some point? She clearly allowed her tears to fall unchecked, did you notice if they followed the same path or made several streaks?

December 28, 2019 11:08 pm  #8

Amans lacrimae wrote:

The first one was cute, but the second one, that was raw emotion, she clearly needed support. Did you wipe or kiss her tears at some point? She clearly allowed her tears to fall unchecked, did you notice if they followed the same path or made several streaks?

They kinda just all pooled together and soaked my thigh where her head was.

Board footera