You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 15, 2020 7:20 pm  #21

Re: Started a Crying Girl Supercut YouTube Channel

Hi guys, just a progress update on Reign. Editing is going well, I’m about half way through. I squeezed in a lot of small sessions without it taking over my life (e.g. during lunch breaks, hooray for working from home)

The scene count is an interesting one. Quite a large amount of scenes have tears in her eyes but nothing leaves them. Do these count as crying scenes or not? What should the criteria be? I will show clips of them all in the video anyway, I just want to decide on some kind of criteria to work out what the final count should be. (For reference, 14 of the 90 Bruna scenes were like this but it’s a lot more common with Reign which is why I’m questioning it now. Yes, this obsession with counting is kind of a weird OCD thing, lol)

November 15, 2020 8:56 pm  #22

Maybe if the tears are clearly visible and stay there for at least a few seconds, you can leave them in, but if it's just slightly watery eyes, then don't. Feel free to do whatever is convenient for you.

November 18, 2020 5:35 am  #23

OnlyTears wrote:

Hi guys!

You probably don't know me because I haven't posted much and have been dormant for ages, but I have an exciting announcement: I've launched a YouTube crying supercut channel! The first video is for a favourite of mine: Brazilian actress Bruna Marquezine in the telenovela 'Em Familia.' I've done an enormous video that covers all 90(!) of her crying scenes from that show:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7Bm_NQeyXY

Please do subscribe if you want to see more in future!

Now the full story:

So obviously this took a while, but I'll explain where my head's at. Despite being dormant on this forum I've remained obsessed with crying scenes and tears. This obsession led to hoarding; I've been skimming countless TV shows (especially novelas) collecting and noting down all the crying I could find. Admittedly not a healthy habit but with all the craziness going on in the world this year it's been a comforting time-sink.

I realised I've been stumbling upon huge gold mines of material that haven't been spoken about on this site but also can't easily be shared (due to not often being available directly on YouTube)

So that's where the supercuts idea came from. My editing style might not be to everyone's taste but I personally enjoy the rapid cutting of different teardrops. (I've tried quite obsessively to capture and document every visible tear movement; as you can see in this google sheet which I hope will help anyone who wants to seek out the full scenes). The editing is also a necessity due to YouTube content ID; so by presenting fast moving supercuts rather than untouched scenes I'm hoping it counts as transformative. Some videos probably still will get flagged but I'll... deal with that when I need to.

So for now... enjoy! I have an enormous backlog of supercut edits to get through and it will take time; for my own sanity I won't let this take over my life. Feel free to suggest video ideas, I'm happy to consider them - my own list is vast (I won't share it just yet) and covers many things I've seen discussed on this forum, plus a lot of really obscure things. Who knows just how much I'll end up doing but for now I'm just really happy to have reached this point.

PS: sorry male crying fans. I'm just not into male crying enough to spend the ridiculous amount of hours to do male supercuts too.

Great video! It's Conn's new favourite! This girl cries a bit like me at least in terms of the quantity of tears she sheds, though my tears tend to flow more in a single path and I don't sob and show much expression. Looking forward to more!
- Jess

November 19, 2020 3:35 am  #24

OnlyTears wrote:

Hi guys!

You probably don't know me because I haven't posted much and have been dormant for ages, but I have an exciting announcement: I've launched a YouTube crying supercut channel! The first video is for a favourite of mine: Brazilian actress Bruna Marquezine in the telenovela 'Em Familia.' I've done an enormous video that covers all 90(!) of her crying scenes from that show:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7Bm_NQeyXY

Please do subscribe if you want to see more in future!

Now the full story:

So obviously this took a while, but I'll explain where my head's at. Despite being dormant on this forum I've remained obsessed with crying scenes and tears. This obsession led to hoarding; I've been skimming countless TV shows (especially novelas) collecting and noting down all the crying I could find. Admittedly not a healthy habit but with all the craziness going on in the world this year it's been a comforting time-sink.

I realised I've been stumbling upon huge gold mines of material that haven't been spoken about on this site but also can't easily be shared (due to not often being available directly on YouTube)

So that's where the supercuts idea came from. My editing style might not be to everyone's taste but I personally enjoy the rapid cutting of different teardrops. (I've tried quite obsessively to capture and document every visible tear movement; as you can see in this google sheet which I hope will help anyone who wants to seek out the full scenes). The editing is also a necessity due to YouTube content ID; so by presenting fast moving supercuts rather than untouched scenes I'm hoping it counts as transformative. Some videos probably still will get flagged but I'll... deal with that when I need to.

So for now... enjoy! I have an enormous backlog of supercut edits to get through and it will take time; for my own sanity I won't let this take over my life. Feel free to suggest video ideas, I'm happy to consider them - my own list is vast (I won't share it just yet) and covers many things I've seen discussed on this forum, plus a lot of really obscure things. Who knows just how much I'll end up doing but for now I'm just really happy to have reached this point.

PS: sorry male crying fans. I'm just not into male crying enough to spend the ridiculous amount of hours to do male supercuts too.

Wow, dedicated to the spreadsheet, I'd love to add the category of having her tears wiped (by someone else), thanks for sharing (both the video and the spreadsheet)/

November 22, 2020 1:45 am  #25

IT'S HERE! Reign crying supercut! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELNPAlY9TyQ

Hope you all enjoy! Can't believe I got it done already. I definitely don't know how long I'll keep up this kind of pace

In the interest of speeding things up I have defaulted to just muting parts where there's music rather than trying to blend the audio together. I hope this isn't too distracting. 
I've also tweaked the spreadsheeta bit. Removed the images as they take too long to load (and make) and replaced them with timestamps for the videos. Amans I only just saw your suggestion about adding a tears wiped column, maybe I'll think about it later. 

I don't want to talk about what the next videos will be, I'd rather not have that kind of pressure. Also don't want to keep spamming this thread with updates on videos in progress.
Please do subscribe to my channel! I also have a crying archive Twitter  and Instagram, which is currently empty. Not sure how much I'll use them yet.
Thanks for all the support so far everyone!

November 22, 2020 9:41 am  #26

Just watched the video. Even though running tears is still my fave Adelaide looks so beautiful with her eyes full of tears, and we had some lovely wipes too

Security will run you down hard
And I will lead them on a merry chase

November 22, 2020 9:19 pm  #27

There indeed were so many more scenes than I'd ever seen before, and after watching all these beautiful scenes, I'm not sure that the raining tears from 3x05 are even my favourite anymore, there are a few serious contenders! Great video!

Board footera