You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 2, 2021 4:43 am  #751

Re: Crying Scenes Directory

Short sobbing scene at 1:10.  One slightly longer but not as intense scene at  1:48
Casey Affleck has a nice sobbing scene at 1:51 and another subtle teary scene starting 1:33.  There are probably others, but those are the best

"...men do not cry. They will do anything BUT cry. They stop themselves crying. And eventually they do cry if it is bad enough. So that's how you know with a man how bad it is for him. Because he would've stopped himself...Men always cry like that. They don't cry and in the end they do and if they do then it's overwhelming." ~Michael Caine

February 2, 2021 6:54 am  #752

Hey Yellowrose - I searched Netflix, Hulu/Disney + and Amazon Prime, and I cannot find Our Friend. What service is it on?

February 2, 2021 5:23 pm  #753

February 3, 2021 12:11 pm  #754

Jordan Peterson breaks down a couple of times during his New York Times audio ( Unedited version ) interview. The major part is at 9:51 where he talks about how great is to have people being grateful about receiving encouragement from his part. At some point he leaves the interview to grab a towel to wipe his tears. His voice trembles with emotion and he sniffs  and takes short breaths at times. I hope they could post the video as well but there are slight chances this might happen.

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

February 18, 2021 12:33 am  #755

James Spader's eyes well with tears at the end of episode 6 in the 8th season in the Blacklist. He gives a speech at a funeral about an old friend who also died in real life a well. He's shown in a close up and his eyes are teary but no tears fall down .. This nut is hard to crack..

Last edited by psychic_girl (February 18, 2021 10:40 am)

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

February 22, 2021 7:05 pm  #756

I've been watching all the way through Sherlock (haven't seen series 4 yet so nobody say anything please) and I noticed that in the very first scene of the first episode, when Watson is tossing and turning having war dreams and wakes up breathing heavily, the subtitles say [crying]. I've watched and listened carefully and can't hear anything I'd classify as crying, and it's dark so I can't see his eyes or face well enough to detect tears, but I thought it was interesting. And he is clearly in a bit of distress.

Don't mind me, I'm just here to fill my Lachrymatory of Holding.

February 27, 2021 2:09 am  #757

Oh, you are in luck with Sherlock!  Some great scenes in an even better series!
Also, Ruzek has a nice crying scene in the most recent episode of Chicago PD.  Subtle with tears with Voight toward the end of the episode, but still more than we have seen from him before.  (That show needs more male crying...ugh the potential)

"...men do not cry. They will do anything BUT cry. They stop themselves crying. And eventually they do cry if it is bad enough. So that's how you know with a man how bad it is for him. Because he would've stopped himself...Men always cry like that. They don't cry and in the end they do and if they do then it's overwhelming." ~Michael Caine

March 1, 2021 12:53 am  #758

yellowrose wrote:

Oh, you are in luck with Sherlock!  Some great scenes in an even better series!
Also, Ruzek has a nice crying scene in the most recent episode of Chicago PD.  Subtle with tears with Voight toward the end of the episode, but still more than we have seen from him before.  (That show needs more male crying...ugh the potential)

It's very interesting--Sherlock the character (as well as Benedict Cumberbatch the actor, so I'm told) can cry on cue, and he cries convincingly while pretending to be the best friend of a missing man in 1x3.
And today I just watched 4x2 and my oh my, Watson has a beautiful scene near the end where he cries and Sherlock of all people comforts him.

Don't mind me, I'm just here to fill my Lachrymatory of Holding.

March 22, 2021 6:28 pm  #759

Jack Nicholson has a very cute crying scene at the end of Something's Gotta Give. The film is on Netflix. Do you know more films in which Nicholson sheds some tears, except Five Easy Pieces and The Crossing Guard ( he's sobbing in that) ?

Woody Harrelson

March 22, 2021 9:27 pm  #760

Tom Holland has quite a few nice crying scenes in Cherry ( more than 6 i counted). The most notable of all : At 1:04. 00 into the movie he's shown breaking down on the phone talking to his girlfriend, he tries to supress his tears in the beginning of the scene  and then he starts crying violently.

Last edited by psychic_girl (March 22, 2021 9:52 pm)

Woody Harrelson

Board footera