You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 12, 2021 1:53 pm  #1

Human GPS - an ARO

It was a cold winter evening and I was walking home from work, in a hurry to get out of the cold and into the warmth of my house. On my way, I noticed a pretty young woman who seemed distressed, and as she saw me approaching, she waved and called out to me.

"Excuse me, can you please help me?" she asked.

"What do you need?" I responded.

"I'm brand new to this neighbourhood, and I went shopping and am trying to find my way back home and was following my phone's GPS when my battery died and now I don't know which way to go, can you please help me?" she said, looking at me in an imploring way, her eyes starting to water.

As much as I wanted to get home as quickly as possible and get out of the cold, I couldn't just let her stay out in the cold, unable to find her way home, so I decided to help her.

"I know where the street is, it's not far, I can walk you there," I said.

"You can do that?!? That's so kind of you, thank you!" she said, and her tear-filled eyes lit up with relief.

I smiled and started walking in the direction of the street she wanted to go and asked her to follow me. As we walked, we chatted a bit and got to know each other's names and what we did, she said she was a recent graduate who'd just moved to my city to start a new job. Interestingly enough, she made no effort to wipe her eyes, which were still filled with tears. Part of me didn't want to acknowledge her tears as I feared she'd wipe them away, but part of me wanted to acknowledge them and talk about tears. The latter won the battle in my head and I said, "Are you alright? Your eyes are watery."

My fears came true, she blinked and wiped her eyes with her fingers, and turned to me and said, "Yeah, I'm alright. It's just that when my phone died, I panicked a bit as I don't know anyone here and it's getting dark, and I almost cried, but also, the cold makes my eyes water, so yeah. Speaking of, look, they're still watering, haha!"

I looked at her and indeed, fresh tears had just welled up in her eyes, and she said, "This is partly why I don't wipe my eyes when they water in the cold, if I rub them even gently, they water so much more, so I'd rather walk around with tear-filled eyes than try and wipe them and then struggle with buckets of tears pouring out of my eyes!" A tear left her right eye and ran down her cheek, followed by another one down her other cheek. "I'm not going to touch my eyes anymore, I'll go home and use some tissues," she said.

Quite amazed by what I was witnessing, I said, "Fair enough, my eyes can be sensitive too, glad that it's not windy right now, or else I'd be crying too!" We both laughed as we got closer to her street. I kept glancing in her direction as we walked, and noticed a couple more tears run down her face. Then, finally, we got to the street where she lived, and I was willing to leave her at that point, but she insisted that I should go to her place and have a coffee or hot chocolate for my efforts. I found her tear-filled eyes and tear-streaked face hard to resist, so I took her up on her offer, and went in to her house, and she grabbed a tissue first thing and wiped her face and her eyes. I saw another tear run down her right cheek as she closed her eyes to wipe them, but she wiped that almost instantly with the tissue she was holding, and the tears stopped.

She made some delicious hot chocolate for the both of us, and we chatted a bit, and as I finished my hot chocolate and got up to leave, she looked at me right in the eye, her eyes starting to water again, and said, "Thank you so much for tonight, I really appreciate it. It means a lot, you're the first person I've really met here in this new city. I hope you can be my friend and not just my human GPS!" She wanted me to add her on Facebook and wanted a selfie with me, and she didn't bother to wipe her tears before taking the picture, so I was able to get a few beautiful pictures of her smiling superbly with glistening tear-filled eyes. We finally said goodbye to each other and I left with her smiling and waving at her "human GPS" with tears of gratitude streaming down her face. As I got home, those selfies I took with her in tears were all I could look at for hours till I fell asleep. I hoped I could be her friend too, and not just her human GPS. I looked at Facebook to see if she'd accepted my friend request before I dozed off, and I had a notification and a message, she had accepted my friend request and messaged me!

April 12, 2021 2:11 pm  #2

Re: Human GPS - an ARO

Nice ARO, I think I wouldn't be able to resist wiping her tears when we were at her place

April 17, 2021 4:56 pm  #3

A similar thing has happened to me in real life, early last year, before corona, I was traveling from my college to my hometown at night, and fell asleep in the bus, as did most other people, including the girl who cried in this story. I set an alarm to wake up at around the time the bus would reach my hometown, and this other girl, also from my college, is from the neighbouring town which the bus passes through to get to my hometown. It seems like she slept through the bus stopping at the bus stand in her hometown, and when she woke up, the bus was already at my hometown, so she started freaking out and crying. She now not only had missed her stop, but she also had to pay extra because she'd travelled for longer, which meant that she didn't have enough money to catch another bus to go back to her hometown. On top of that, it seems like her phone was either dead, or she couldn't get any signal as phone networks in India can be bad. As her collegemate, I decided to help her, and I gave her my phone so that she could call her dad, and also gave her some money to catch a bus back home. She was crying throughout, tears rapidly pouring down her cheeks. Of course, my story doesn't end with me getting invited to her house or drinking hot chocolate, but I did stay with her till she stopped crying and bid her goodbye, so I got to see a lot of tears plus also help out someone in need, so a double win!

April 19, 2021 12:16 pm  #4

tearsadmirer wrote:

A similar thing has happened to me in real life, early last year, before corona, I was traveling from my college to my hometown at night, and fell asleep in the bus, as did most other people, including the girl who cried in this story. I set an alarm to wake up at around the time the bus would reach my hometown, and this other girl, also from my college, is from the neighbouring town which the bus passes through to get to my hometown. It seems like she slept through the bus stopping at the bus stand in her hometown, and when she woke up, the bus was already at my hometown, so she started freaking out and crying. She now not only had missed her stop, but she also had to pay extra because she'd travelled for longer, which meant that she didn't have enough money to catch another bus to go back to her hometown. On top of that, it seems like her phone was either dead, or she couldn't get any signal as phone networks in India can be bad. As her collegemate, I decided to help her, and I gave her my phone so that she could call her dad, and also gave her some money to catch a bus back home. She was crying throughout, tears rapidly pouring down her cheeks. Of course, my story doesn't end with me getting invited to her house or drinking hot chocolate, but I did stay with her till she stopped crying and bid her goodbye, so I got to see a lot of tears plus also help out someone in need, so a double win!

Wow, nice. Lucky you, you seem to get a lot of obs quite regularly. Would love to read more of your obs.

Board footera