You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 20, 2021 7:19 pm  #1

Friend Obs (F)

Long time no see, everyone! Covid kind of quenched my creativeness and I quit forums for a while, but I had a really awesome obs a while ago that I thought I'd share.

An acquaintance of mine (gf of a friend) came over to our place one evening to drink and chat on the couch. We talked for an hour or so before my husband went to bed since he had to work the next day. We had that day off, so we stayed up.

I'm not sure if it was because he left that she felt more comfortable, but shortly thereafter I began to notice that she wasn't as happy and chatty as she'd been. She kind of emotionally deflated, so to speak. Normally I think I would have been more intuitive about the situation, but I had drank a bit (read: a lot) more than usual so I wasn't at my best. 

It started when she began talking about something she'd seen on the news and how it had made her cry. As she spoke about it, a tear leaked from the inner corner of her left eye and slid down her cheek. When she wiped it away with her fingers, two more fell from different corners of her eyes. She started sniffling and reached over with her free hand to rub my shoulder. I found that odd, as I didn't need comfort, but then realized it might be her way of "asking" for comfort, so I mirrored her touch by placing my hand on her shoulder.

When I did that, she leaned into me and started talking about some really dark stuff that had happened to her as a kid which the news story made her think of. More tears were slipping steadily from her eyes and she would wipe them periodically with her fingers, basically smearing them to the sides of her face. Her voice began to catch in little breaths but she wasn't sobbing yet. I rubbed her back until she finally put her arms out towards me, which I took as a cue to hug her. The second I did, she broke down sobbing. Her sobs were short, quick, and almost silent little squeaks. She buried her head in the crook of my neck and I felt her tears soak through my shirt. There were a lot of tears, but I couldn't see her face.

She stayed that way for almost half an hour, with me hugging her tight from the side and rubbing her back, until my husband came out to get something from the fridge. This seemed to embarrass her, so I got a paper towel for her to clean up (didn't have tissues nearby and didn't want to leave her). She wiped her eyes and cheeks, which were really wet with no visible tracks- just all over soaked- and blew her nose a couple times. She used two paper towels, then excused herself to the bathroom to wash her face. That was the end.

Before she left she hugged me and told me that I was a good friend, which I feel bad about now because I haven't really seen her since. She ended up breaking up with our mutual friend and moved away, cutting ties with everyone who knew him, I guess because it hurt to see us and not be with him anymore.

Hope you guys enjoy!

Last edited by DiamondTears (May 20, 2021 7:21 pm)

Have you seen me cry tears like diamonds?

May 20, 2021 9:02 pm  #2

Re: Friend Obs (F)

Beautiful obs, I hope you reach her once more, since she trusts so much in you. I understand you were not in your five, I felt (by what you wrote) she needed comforting gestures, when your husband arrived I would have expected you to take care of her tears and make sure no trace of tears was visible. I missed your posts, especially your fiction.
Would love to read more from you, welcome back.

May 21, 2021 1:01 am  #3

Re: Friend Obs (F)

I would have taken care of her tears, but I didn't know her well and I personally feel uncomfortable with such an intimate gesture unless I've been given permission- especially in her case, where some of the dark stuff I mentioned involved being physically taken advantage of.

I hope to be able to reach out to her again now that we've been vaccinated. 

Nice to be back! Missed it here.

Have you seen me cry tears like diamonds?

Board footera