You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 14, 2012 5:09 pm  #1

Small observation (m)

Ok, I'm going to have a go at posting an observation. It is relatively small but I'll tell you about it anyway. 

This happened a while ago and it involved a male friend. Just to be clear, I have no romantic feelings towards this person nor am I attracted to him in anyway. We are both happily married (to other people) and tend to hang out more as couples and families. I am probably closer to his wife than I am to him.

Anyway, it was a sad occasion as we were attending a funeral of one of his wifes elderly relatives. It was not someone who he was particularly close to so I expected him to be serious but certainly did not expect to see anything remotely like crying. Due to the nature of the event I wasn't particularly looking out for it either. He is also a business man and quite stoic so not someone I would ever expect or even imagine to see cry.
At the end when we were all outside chatting with the family I caught sight of him and noticed that everytime someone went over to shake his hand his eyes filled up and his bottom lip trembled slightly. It really surprised me and I was stood quite near so I went over to him. The tears were still in his eyes and his lip was still trembling intermitently. I have never hugged this guy in my life and only shaken his hand and maybe given him a quick peck on the cheek when saying goodbye after evenings out/parties etc, but I just couldn't help myself and I flung my arms around him! I held him for a few seconds and he readily hugged me back. When we let go we stood and talked for a few minutes and then he was ok.
It is only a small observation as no tears actually fell down his cheeks but it was clear he was very emotional, far more than I expected, and although I am not attracted to him at all I get a nice warm feeling when I see him now.

Crying does not indicate you are weak, since birth it has been a sign that you are alive.

June 14, 2012 9:02 pm  #2

Re: Small observation (m)

Great observation -- no observation is too small!  You just never know what is going to make someone cry, I guess.  My last male observation was at a wedding, but it didn't even occur to me that the groom might cry that day (he did), yet I have watched and waited during several sad occassions for guys to cry, thinking it was the "right time", and they haven't even gotten a trembling lip.  So you have to keep your eyes open at ALL times!  I can imagine the warm feeling you must get when you see that guy now (even if it's not sexual attraction, a warm feeling is still nice!)

June 14, 2012 9:04 pm  #3

Great observations I liked reading it, thanks for sharing!

June 15, 2012 12:50 am  #4

Fallingtears, is your husband the crying type, or no?  (I am married too, so just curious).

June 15, 2012 7:24 pm  #5

Hi Woundedpuppy,
My husband isn't afraid to cry in front of me but he doesn't cry very often. He certainly isn't someone who who cries at movies or anything. I have seen him cry a few times but usually it's been because of something that's been upsetting for both of us. I saw him cry once when his car got wriiten off though, that was kinda sweet.
He is really awesome wtih me when I'm crying though. I am not someone who cries very often so he know's that if I'm crying then something must be really wrong and I get lots of cuddles
He has no idea about my fetish though and although we are really great together I don't think I could ever tell him. It's just far too personal. I think some things are better left unsaid.

Crying does not indicate you are weak, since birth it has been a sign that you are alive.

Board footera