You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 14, 2021 10:10 pm  #791

Re: Crying Scenes Directory

There's a major close up of Sean Penn's crying face in the trailer of the Flag Day. There' re lots of tears around his eyes and on his cheeks. I can't wait for this film..

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

September 5, 2021 12:01 am  #792

Elijah Wood has a short sobbing scene in No Man of God towards the end of the film. His beautiful eyes are shown in a close up and his voice is cracking and sounds funny.

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

September 5, 2021 7:33 am  #793

With the new Wheel of Time show coming out, has anyone seen Madeleine Madden in anything else? Looking for some good crying scenes. I think there's some crying in "Tomorrow when the war began", but I'd love to know which episodes

Ugly crying is pretty crying

September 5, 2021 8:29 pm  #794

psychic_girl wrote:

Elijah Wood has a short sobbing scene in No Man of God towards the end of the film. His beautiful eyes are shown in a close up and his voice is cracking and sounds funny.

Oh damn, I need to see this. It can just hit streaming already!!!!

Don't mind me, I'm just here to fill my Lachrymatory of Holding.

September 10, 2021 6:26 pm  #795

Who has seen Sean Penn in the Flag Day? Can you describe his crying scenes please ? I can't wait to see these parts. They said the film was going to be released on 10th September and it's not in the theaters which really frustrates me. So please spoil it for me, if you can .

Woody Harrelson

September 11, 2021 4:18 am  #796

I just saw the trailer for James MacAvoy's latest movie My Son, and folks, we're getting crying! He's got a crumpling face around 00:54, and he's outright crying at 1:48, and it looks like again at 2:17.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nR9DjRWK3-A&ab_channel=ONEMedia

September 20, 2021 7:57 pm  #797

My computer is seven years old and the graphics card no longer supports my apowersoft screen recorder with the premium subscription! Now I have a long list of male crying moments that I can't record, but at least I can name some of them here to make it easier for others to find while I wait for my tax refund to come in and I can replace my laptop.

There are several beautiful male crying scenes in the strange and beautiful Sense8 (Netflix). 

1x5- Mexican movie star Lito starts crying rather copiously during the shooting of an action scene. More sweetly-funny than sad, not because it's presented as 'haha it's a man and he's crying' (which I hate), but because the real reason he's crying is he's feeling the PMS of a woman with whom he's mentally linked (there are 8 people all mentally linked so there's a lot of emotional overlap. It makes more sense in context).
1x9- Lito is near tears processing a breakup with his boyfriend. He's at a museum with Nomi, another mind-link friend (called sensates) and I think he's nearest tears after she tells a traumatic story that I think makes her cry too. One of the last scenes in the episode, Lito slowly falls apart from grief and self-loathing over the breakup, eventually ending curled up in an empty bathtub in his underwear, just sobbing.
1x10- at the end, almost the entire cast sheds a few tears at the symphony as they each appear to be remembering their own births (I said this was a weird show. Also, be warned, there are at least two shots of crowning baby heads. This show does not fuck around with childbirth. You have been warned.)
1x12- Earnest cop Will and musician Riley both cry as she relives the memory of losing her partner and her child (there's another crowning shot). They both cry on and off, starting around 43 until nearish the end of the episode.

Thus concludes the male crying in season 1.

Last edited by PhoebeOnThePhone (September 21, 2021 5:26 am)

September 23, 2021 9:02 pm  #798

PhoebeOnThePhone wrote:

I just saw the trailer for James MacAvoy's latest movie My Son, and folks, we're getting crying! He's got a crumpling face around 00:54, and he's outright crying at 1:48, and it looks like again at 2:17.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nR9DjRWK3-A&ab_channel=ONEMedia

I've just seen it. These are actually parts of a longer 5 minutes scene in which he is looking at 2 clips of his son on his mobile phone whilw celebrating his birthday and at a fair with his mother. The scene builds gradually untill he starts sobbing, wipes his tears, stops bit and then he cries again making very appealing noises. In the second scene he doesn't cover his face when he is sobbing again  so he is looking very flushed, choking up a few times. It's one of his best crying moments in a film, i could say..

Last edited by psychic_girl (September 23, 2021 10:28 pm)

Woody Harrelson

September 24, 2021 6:24 am  #799

Oh god that sounds fantastic.

September 26, 2021 6:49 pm  #800

I recently read an interview with Benedict Cumberbatch about playing Alan Turing in "The Imitation Game". Alan Turing was the person who finally broke the Enigma code during WWII which allowed the British to decode German messages and thus helped them win the war. Alan Turing was gay, and when one of this co-workers turned him in, he was tried and convicted of homosexuality, which was a crime back then. 

Benedict said playing Turing was a very emotional experience, and that during the scene where he tells another co-worker about his sentence from the trial he started crying and was completely unable to stop. You can kind of tell that his emotions are barely in control throughout and that when he breaks down it's a very real breakdown. 

The Imitation Game Born Normal Scene - YouTube

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

Board footera