You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 26, 2017 12:17 am  #1

I finally found the scene with Matthew Macfadyen...

After more then one or two years of research i finally managed to find this particular scene where he cries and Michel Gambon  sheds a few tears as well. It's a low key, build up scene with not much crying but i think it's beautifull..

http://sockshare.net/watch/rdmK2AxX-perfect-strangers-2001-season-1.html  ( it starts at around 1:25:00 into the movie)

Ithink these ones worth a try as well ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Y27PUgbdtU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFCxZTPAszA (from 5:20)

Last edited by psychic_girl (February 26, 2017 12:25 am)

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

February 26, 2017 4:30 am  #2

Re: I finally found the scene with Matthew Macfadyen...

Awhile ago I scanned through all of Perfect Strangers on YouTube and couldn't find that scene!  I guess it's because if you blink you might miss it.  Thank you for finding it.  
And thank you for Warriors.  I had never heard of it, but found the whole thing on YouTube and watched it.  A very powerful movie with good early work from Macfadyen, plus Damian Lewis and Ioan Gruffudd.  The supermarket scene (I LOVED what he said) is even stronger when you've seen what came before.  
The scene in the van can be viewed in English at the very beginning at the link below.  Damian Lewis also has two very brief breakdown scenes at 1:16 and 1:21.38.  Ioan Gruffudd starts to cry beautifully at the very end, but it fades to black too quickly.  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB2uEDIBuSI

Climbing to a high chamber in a well of houses, he threw himself down in his clothes on a neglected bed, and its pillow was wet with wasted tears. -- A Tale of Two Cities

February 26, 2017 6:25 am  #3

​Thank you, Squonk. I'm still searching for a good crying scene from Ioan Gruffudd. There were a few times he teared up on his show "Forever", and evidently, he recently got emotional when he was told how his cousin died at Normandy Beach when he guested on "Coming Home" - a British TV Show. And so far I haven't been able to find video of that exchange, so if someone else finds it, please post it!

Last edited by caircair (February 26, 2017 6:31 am)

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

February 26, 2017 10:52 am  #4

Squonk wrote:

Awhile ago I scanned through all of Perfect Strangers on YouTube and couldn't find that scene!  I guess it's because if you blink you might miss it.  Thank you for finding it. 

I know what you're saying, it happened to me too the first times i found this series, i browsed for that scene and i couldn't really find it, his tearfull ones last indeed the blink of an eye ...)

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

June 17, 2017 1:54 am  #5

Oh I love me some Damian Lewis. He did some great work in his show Life as well, though I am not sure he ever cried. His scenes in Squonk's link above were beautiful.
Matthew Macfayden also cried briefly at 3:40

Don't mind me, I'm just here to fill my Lachrymatory of Holding.

November 4, 2021 4:39 am  #6

I was searching for Sea of Trees and stumbled on this thread and oh my, I lucked out! Damian Lewis is so beautiful in general but also he makes really pretty sobbing noises. I genuinely don't remember ever having seen it before, despite the evidence of my previous comment! XD
Damian has been on my 'want to see him cry' list for a while. 

Don't mind me, I'm just here to fill my Lachrymatory of Holding.

November 4, 2021 6:31 am  #7

Damian Lewis cries in the serie Homland 2x5 „Q&A“

Board footera