You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 4, 2021 7:22 pm  #1

Peter Sarsgaard's sobs in The Dying Gaul

The sounds he makes in this one are pretty similar to his sobs in The Guilty even if the context is very different ( Spoiler:this scene is also quite sexual as it depics masturbation between two men). I find this scene quite weird and the jerking off part is kind of distracting but then his hysterical crying is still what is supposed to be. They're also some tears streaming down his face at the beginning of this scene so it's obvious he's actually crying , not laughing or he does both.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB32aIKZO2Y ( at around)44:00

Last edited by psychic_girl (November 4, 2021 8:32 pm)

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

November 6, 2021 12:58 pm  #2

Re: Peter Sarsgaard's sobs in The Dying Gaul

Interesting! Do you know the context in the scene of WHY he started hysterically crying in the middle of a sexual episode?

November 7, 2021 12:06 am  #3

He has conflicted feelings about his affair with Jeffrey who plays a bi sexual influential director ( he also reminds him of his dead lover) as the director tries to convince him to alter the inital screenplay in exchange of money. The character played my Sarsgaard tries to pay an homage to his deceased lover only to find himself caught in a strange entaglment with the director and his wife. They both take advantage of his vulnerability to further their own agenda.

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

November 7, 2021 1:48 am  #4

Oh my god he is incredible. 'Hysterical' is an apt description for most of his sobbing here, and it is heartbreaking. I also thought it was rather sweet and cute when he managed to laugh a little through his tears.
The transition from sexy to heartbreaking was discordant in a well-executed way (and throws into sharp relief the differences in how I feel seeing sexy men doing sexy man things together, and how I feel seeing a man crying).

Has anyone seen Kinsey anytime recently? There's a small possibility Peter cried in that. (Liam Neeson did, I'm pretty sure.) 

Last edited by PhoebeOnThePhone (November 9, 2021 6:56 am)

Don't mind me, I'm just here to fill my Lachrymatory of Holding.

November 7, 2021 9:43 pm  #5

I'll check Kinsey these days after i finish with my exam. I vaguely remember if he had any significant crying scene in it. However, he has a short tearing up scene in the Dying Gaul at 52:00, the close up is very nice as his eyes are slowly welling up  with tears. It's in sheer contrast with the  previous heartbreaking scene .

Woody Harrelson

Board footera