You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 8, 2022 9:22 pm  #1

Actors you want to see cry, round 2

I know we've had a thread about this but I ran a search and couldn't find it, so here's round 2.
Which actors/public figures would you like to see cry? Or, if they have cried, who's on your list of  'damn, I want to see more of this person crying'?

Jason Isaacs. I just feel like he'd be a good crier. I'm told he cries in Awake, and I saw all of that show, but I noticed way fewer crying scenes back then. (I think I was pickier then.)

Damian Lewis. He did so beautifully in Peacekeepers (once in front of Ioan Gruffudd,whose own crying scene was very rudely interrupted by the camera cutting away way too soon).

James Roday Rodriguez. God, I spent all eight seasons of Psych wanting to see Shawn Spencer cry. In the series finale, he cried very subtly, and in context of that smartass character and overall tone of the show, it was mostly satisfying. Not a lot of room on a comedy show for serious, quality crying. But then he downright sobbed in A Million Little Things, and oh god, that's lovely and I want more.

Peter Capaldi. I really wanted to see the Twelfth Doctor cry, and I feel like Capaldi could have given us something appropriately wrenching. Alas, despite looking very carefully, he never seemed to do more than eyes full of tears that didn't fall, even when River Song said he was crying. So I want to see him do more. Even if it's just a quiet tear like the Ninth Doctor (and in context, that one tear was heartbreaking.)

Rahul Kohli. He's done a few 'single tear dripping off his face' bits, and then he sobbed and screamed in That One Scene in Midnight Mass, and I want to see him cry in a scene that is neither so upsetting, nor so noisy as to obscure his sounds. (If you've seen the show, you know what scene I mean.)

Keanu Reeves. He's in a unique situation of having turned in three terrible scenes and two good ones (The Lake House and John Wick, for the record). I want more good ones.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt. I remember he cried in Brick.

Christian Kane. He got so close to crying in one episode of Leverage.

Willem Dafoe. He cried a bit in The Hunter, and a bit in Antichrist, but my brain has consistently filed him under 'have seen this man seriously cry'. 

Eric Bana. Another man in the 'feel like I've seen him cry' category even before I saw his 'call home' scene in Munich. I hope he's done other scenes.

Vincent D'Onofrio. He's a damn great actor. I liked his character in Law & Order: Criminal Intent so much, it hurt too much to see him cry in the episode Endgame, and I haven't been able to bring myself to watch it since. I have seen him cry in That Championship Season (which looks like a remarkably tiresome film) when he was younger, and he did damn good and it didn't hurt too much. I wonder if he cries in The Cell.

Last edited by PhoebeOnThePhone (February 8, 2022 9:26 pm)

Don't mind me, I'm just here to fill my Lachrymatory of Holding.

February 9, 2022 1:32 am  #2

Re: Actors you want to see cry, round 2

i've mentioned this before, but john cho. he cries a bit in the season he's in of the exorcist, and in searching, but it's just watery eyes and some sobbing noises. i'd love to see some proper tears from him, he'd look lovely.

February 9, 2022 3:23 am  #3

I've heard there's some nice male crying in The Exorcist show. Alas, I've never been able to find it!

February 9, 2022 2:37 pm  #4

I've said this before, but I'll repeat it: Hugh Grant and Hugh Laurie. Evidently Hugh Grant had a nice teary scene in "Florence Foster Jenkins", but it ended up on the cutting room floor. I do remember reading that having to be so emotional on camera scared him silly.

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

February 9, 2022 2:46 pm  #5

I tried to think "who do I like that I would like to see cry" and then realized pretty quickly almost every actor I've developed a thing for, the reason I took a liking to them in the first place was BECAUSE I'd already seen then cry and that's what started it. Lol. There may be an exception, I'll have to think.

February 9, 2022 4:47 pm  #6

Caircair, I still wish I could have seen House properly break down once.

Ella, that's been the origin of plenty of my 'things' as well.

I thought of a couple more people:

Wentworth Miller, from Prison Break and DC's Legends of Tomorrow. He cried a little in the pilot and once in season 3.

William Fichtner. He's got such a striking face and he's such a good actor. I'm told he cries at some point in Prison Break. He might have cried in the short-lived Invasion series around 2006 as well.

Last edited by PhoebeOnThePhone (February 9, 2022 5:11 pm)

February 10, 2022 12:30 pm  #7

I did have Mandip Gill down on my list but then she actually did cry (beautifully) in the last episode of Doctor Who

I wish I could see more of Emily Berrington crying. She has cried a single tear on 24, but I can't stop thinking every time I watch an episode of Humans, I wish she wasn't playing a synthetic so I could see her cry

From the same show Emma Carless. She did have tears in her eyes in the S1 finale, but I want to see her cry

Security will run you down hard
And I will lead them on a merry chase

February 10, 2022 11:22 pm  #8

My current list:

Jodie Sweetin (crushed on her since Full House, never saw a really good cry from her)

Colby Minifie (She looks like a girl I knew from High School, seeing her cry might be interesting)

Jenna Coleman (She let some tears go in Doctor Who, but I want more from her)

Kaley Cuoco (Big Bang Theory didn't count, as it was done for laughs. I want some non-sitcom crying)

Mila Kunis (Ditto)

Selena Gomez (I don't recall ever seeing her cry openly. She usually covers her face )

Maisie Williams (Preferably more current.)

Danielle Fishel (The girl next door for us 90's kids.)

February 11, 2022 3:32 am  #9

Jodie Sweetin was super cute on Dancing with the Stars. She might have cried in that. Pretty much everybody cries in the 'most memorable year' episode they do every season, and in the later episodes in each season.

February 11, 2022 8:28 am  #10

Bartlebycs wrote:

My current list:

Jodie Sweetin (crushed on her since Full House, never saw a really good cry from her)

Colby Minifie (She looks like a girl I knew from High School, seeing her cry might be interesting)

Jenna Coleman (She let some tears go in Doctor Who, but I want more from her)

Kaley Cuoco (Big Bang Theory didn't count, as it was done for laughs. I want some non-sitcom crying)

Mila Kunis (Ditto)

Selena Gomez (I don't recall ever seeing her cry openly. She usually covers her face )

Maisie Williams (Preferably more current.)

Danielle Fishel (The girl next door for us 90's kids.)

Oh god Selena Gomez. I watched one of her films every week for a year and there is this seen where she and Katie Cassidy's character have a heart to heart and her eyes well with tears, but none of them make it down her cheeks

The film is Monte Carlo if you are interested

Security will run you down hard
And I will lead them on a merry chase

Board footera