You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 6, 2016 4:19 pm  #1

Tom Hardy GIFs

For your consideration: a selection of Tom Hardy crying GIFs 
(Sorry for the small image-sizes)

From Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy

From Child 44 

From Child 44  (I'm not totally sure, but I think this might be from the scene discussed in this article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2619700/MOS-DIARY-Not-Hardy-man-Locke-star-Tom-starts-crying-no-reason-set.html#ixzz30iCvHyQo%20)

From Warrior 

Source Unknown

And a bonus article where Hardy talks about things that make him cry: http://www.shortlist.com/entertainment/films/meet-tom-hardy#image-rotator-2

October 7, 2016 12:43 am  #2

Re: Tom Hardy GIFs

LOVE this.  Love Hardy.  One of the greatest actors out there, and has done some nice crying scenes.  
I'm surprised to see him looking teary in Child 44 (and to read about him bursting into tears while filming it).  I've seen the movie twice, and don't remember him crying.  
Great scene in Tinker, Tailor... (great movie, period).
Warrior is an amazing movie, and very emotional, with superb performances from Hardy, Joel Edgerton and Nick Nolte.    
Hardy also has good crying scenes in Locke (driving AND crying and talking on the phone) and Wuthering Heights.   (I've posted both here previously).  
There's also his Kleenex ad, which is adorable: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYhIb28Fo8U

Climbing to a high chamber in a well of houses, he threw himself down in his clothes on a neglected bed, and its pillow was wet with wasted tears. -- A Tale of Two Cities

October 7, 2016 4:45 pm  #3

Squonk wrote:

LOVE this.  Love Hardy.  One of the greatest actors out there, and has done some nice crying scenes.  
I'm surprised to see him looking teary in Child 44 (and to read about him bursting into tears while filming it).  I've seen the movie twice, and don't remember him crying.  
Great scene in Tinker, Tailor... (great movie, period).
Warrior is an amazing movie, and very emotional, with superb performances from Hardy, Joel Edgerton and Nick Nolte.    
Hardy also has good crying scenes in Locke (driving AND crying and talking on the phone) and Wuthering Heights.   (I've posted both here previously).  
There's also his Kleenex ad, which is adorable: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYhIb28Fo8U

Thanks, Squonk! 

The scene from Locke that you posted is one of my all-time favorites; it's a really touching and interesting film, with an amazing central performance from Hardy. The Wuthering Heights scene and the Kleenex ad are both amazing, in very different ways. (Talk about versatility!)    

I remember really enjoying Tinker, Tailor, Soldier Spy, when I saw it in the theater -- so many great actors. I haven't seen Warrior yet, but I've definitely been meaning to.

Have you seen Legend? I wonder if there are any good scenes in that film . . . 

October 7, 2016 4:58 pm  #4

One of the things that I love about Tom Hardy is that I look at each of his films and think "Oh my God, I can't believe that's the same guy."  Well, in Legend, he does two performances in the SAME FILM where you think "Oh my God, I can't believe it's the same guy."  
No crying, but definitely worth seeing for his performance(s).
I also highly recommend StuartA Life Backwards, where he plays a homeless, schizophrenic drug addict with muscular dystrophy.  He did this around the same time as Wuthering Heights.   Mind blowing.  

Climbing to a high chamber in a well of houses, he threw himself down in his clothes on a neglected bed, and its pillow was wet with wasted tears. -- A Tale of Two Cities

October 11, 2016 12:38 pm  #5

Much as I love Warrior and want everyone to see it, I don't want to oversell the crying.  The above GIF of Hardy constitutes his crying in the film and it's very brief.  Joel Edgerton gets teary, but that's it.  Nick Nolte DOES have a great breakdown.  That said, it's still a very emotional film.  
And the last GIF posted above is from Oliver Twist.

October 11, 2016 4:08 pm  #6

Welcome, secondlytwo!  
Thanks so much for finding the source of that last GIF, Squonk!  I checked around a little, but I really had no idea where to begin.  

Last edited by Tristana (October 11, 2016 4:08 pm)

October 11, 2016 4:11 pm  #7

If you right-click on a photo, "Search Google for image" is a very cool option.  

October 11, 2016 4:51 pm  #8

Squonk wrote:

If you right-click on a photo, "Search Google for image" is a very cool option.  

That's a fantastic tip. Thanks so much!!

I'm sure it will solve many GIF related mysteries in the future. 

March 13, 2022 7:45 pm  #9

I wish his taste in movies to make were more in line with my taste in movies to watch, because I don't want to watch really any of these movies but I want to see all those scenes.

Don't mind me, I'm just here to fill my Lachrymatory of Holding.

Board footera