You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 24, 2021 9:05 pm  #1

James McAvoy -- My son sobbing scene

It starts at around 41:48 after he found out that the police officers couldn't find his son. He has an argument with his ex wife and then he watches some clips of his son on the phone. The memories overwhelm him soon enough. The crying parts are lovely and so realistic. There are moments when he laughs or ponders. On imbd it wassaid his parts were unscripted so this is his personal contribution to his role.

https://2kmovie.cc/watch-movie/watch-my-son-free-72121.4646476

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

September 24, 2021 11:22 pm  #2

Re: James McAvoy -- My son sobbing scene

I also found a very short crying scene in this one :

https://best-movies.watch/movie/375327-submergence/ ( at 1:12:34) Boy, he's tearing up fast )

Last edited by psychic_girl (September 24, 2021 11:22 pm)

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

September 25, 2021 6:24 am  #3

He has such beautiful tear streams and sobbing. Thank you for posting this!

Last edited by PhoebeOnThePhone (September 25, 2021 6:24 am)

Don't mind me, I'm just here to fill my Lachrymatory of Holding.

September 25, 2021 2:03 pm  #4

PhoebeOnThePhone wrote:

He has such beautiful tear streams and sobbing. Thank you for posting this!

You're welcome. You were the first to inform me about this film and i took notice of it at that time . I had a busy schedule last weeks and during the summer i was expecting to find more crying scenes but nothing drew my attention in particular. But the trailer of this film and Flag Day with Sean Penn had clear signs that the main actors turn on  the waterworks to some extent. I wish i could find the other film as well. Do you know anything by chance about Sean Penn's crying moments in Flag Day?

Last edited by psychic_girl (September 25, 2021 2:04 pm)

Woody Harrelson

September 25, 2021 10:43 pm  #5

Always glad to point others in a good direction!
Unfortunately Sean Penn does nothing for me so I know nothing about Flag Day.

September 27, 2021 9:01 pm  #6

I adored the scenes in My Son. It is very rare that McAvoy actually sobs - usually it is just his tears and voice and breath hitching - but I loved his sobs. SO REAL!! And the scene in submergence was wonderful too, albeit much too short. The fact that he was somehow being comforted was sweet and his capability to bring up tears at a moment is truly spectacular. In that scene, we can actually SEE him get up the tears and then he lets them fall freely. Beautiful. He definitely is a wonderful crier. Also, Phoebe - I agree with you...I really do not care at all for Sean Penn.  

September 30, 2021 5:58 pm  #7

missyjdma wrote:

.I really do not care at all for Sean Penn.  

I like him because he has some potential to become a better crier in my opinion. I wasn't fully satisfied with his scenes in Taps and The Mysric River. There were never as many tears as i wanted.. so i was left craving for more. Why don't you like his crying style?

Woody Harrelson

September 30, 2021 6:34 pm  #8

I don't like his face enough to be much interested in his crying, certainly not to go out of my way to find scenes, but I just watched the 'I can't even cry for her' scene from Mystic River (it pops right up on youtube) and I gotta admit he's good in this moment. I'll have to amend 'he does nothing for me' to add 'ok except that one time'. XD

Last edited by PhoebeOnThePhone (October 14, 2021 6:25 am)

September 17, 2022 4:46 pm  #9

In Starter for 10 he has a sweet crying moment by the dinner table on his date while talking about the character's dad. He also gets up to get comforted soon after his tears pop up and then he talks about his crying moment  in the next scene. God I wish I met such a guy on a date at least once !

https://2kmovie.cc/watch-movie/watch-starter-for-10-free-7913.5308756 ( It starts at 31:16)

Woody Harrelson

September 17, 2022 10:49 pm  #10

Oh I do love when the men acknowledge their tears. 

Board footera