You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 30, 2022 9:44 pm  #961

Re: Crying Scenes Directory

Here’s a big list of female crying scenes I’ve enjoyed in things this year, hopefully it will help people find something to watch! 

Stranger Things 4 - Millie Bobby Brown - She really stepped up her crying game this season! She cried plenty in previous seasons but nothing like this:
2x S4E1, 2x S4E2, 2x S4E3, 2x S4E5, 3x S4E6, 2x S4E7, 4x S4E8, 3x S4E9 

Euphoria - lots of crying scenes throughout. It can go to some dark places but it’s a really good show. I only started keeping track in the second season, but rest assured there’s a lot in the first season too.
Zendaya - 1x S2E3, 1x S2E4, 3x S2E5, 3x S2E6, 1x S2E8
Sydney Sweeney - 2x S2E1, 3x S2E2, 4x S2E4, 1x S2E5, 1x S2E6, 2x S2E7, 1x S2E8
Hunter Schafer - 1x S2E1, 1x S2E2, 1x S2E4, 1x S2E5, 1x S2E8
Alexa Demie - 2x S2E4, 1x S2E6, 1x S2E7
Maude Apatow - 1x S2E6, 1x S2E7, 2x S2E8
Storm Reid - S2E3, 2x S2E5, S2E6, S2E8
Barbie Ferreira - 1x S2E2 

The Witcher - also has a lot of crying scenes in both seasons, but as with Euphoria I only started keeping track in the second season:
Anya Chalotra (Yennefer) - 2x S2E2, 1x S2E3, 1x S2E8. I remember her crying more often in S1
Freya Allan (Ciri) - 2x S2E1, 2x S2E5, 1x S2E7, 3x S2E8 

The Lord of the Rings - The Rings of Power:
Morfydd Clark (Galadriel) - 2x S1E2, 1x S1E5, 1x S1E7, 4x S1E8. Her scenes in the first and last episodes have beautiful tears. It’s weird because she doesn’t emote all that much but her falling tears are quite something.
Markella Kavenagh - Her and the other Harfoot girl cry in most episodes, but I didn’t bother to keep track. 

Everything Everywhere All at Once - Michelle Yeoh and Stephanie Hsu shed several tears. It’s not a huge amount but it’s also very hard to count how many times - if you’ve seen it you might know what I mean. Amazing film! 

Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special - Pom Kelementieff (Mantis) - She’s under alien make-up but she sheds some good tears in the last scene

The Northman - Anya Taylor-Joy - one scene where I counted 7 or 8 fast flowing tears 

Promising Young Woman - Carey Mulligan - 4 scenes with flowing tears 

The Walking Dead - Christian Serratos - Cries a lot in the final ever episode (S11E24). Probably cried a bit in other episodes but I have no idea which! 

Ambulance - Eiza Gonzalez - A few brief shots throughout where she has tear-stained cheeks, a very nice falling tear at the very end. (PS check out her old novelas if you want to see her cry a whole lot more) 

The Last Duel - Jodie Comer - At least 5 scenes, I lost count. Difficult subject matter but it’s a good film! 

Spencer - Kristen Stewart - Around 5 scenes with flowing tears, and several others where she tears up. 

James Bond - Lea Seydoux - Twice in Spectre, 4 times with a lot more tears in No Time to Die 

Not Okay - Zoey Deutch - About 5 or 6 scenes including the first and last scene.

Last edited by OnlyTears (December 30, 2022 9:46 pm)

January 2, 2023 4:14 pm  #962

Just watched the final episode of The Society (thank you Netflix for cancelling it!) Kathryn Newton sheds one final beautiful tear and so does Natasha Liu Bordizzo but it's a medium shot not a close up

Security will run you down hard
And I will lead them on a merry chase

January 7, 2023 5:23 pm  #963

In The Pale Blue Eye in the last 15 minutes of the film Christian Bale has a short sobbing scene at some point after some build-up of tension talking with the character played by Charlie Tahan. Tahan sheds visible tears all through that part too. I wish Bale's crying had been longer but that's too much to ask for, right?

Last edited by psychic_girl (January 12, 2023 3:26 pm)

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

January 12, 2023 6:54 pm  #964

Zenia Marshall cries in a few scenes from Date My Dad. I don't know which episodes because I only watched her demo reels, but she cries in every clip

She's on One of Us Is Lying too, so it would be good to see her cry again. Very few of the actresses cry on this show actually, it's a good thing I like watching it!

January 14, 2023 5:57 pm  #965

Emma Pasarow sheds a single tear in Along for the Ride. Only there are two problems; it falls down her right cheek and it's slightly hidden by the camera angle and it streams rather than runs, then she wiped it away

January 16, 2023 7:43 am  #966

Joel Kinnaman hat a crying scene at the end of THE SECRETS WE KEEP and at the end of FOR ALL MANKIND S02e03 and also THE KILLING S03e09

Last edited by abcd1234 (January 16, 2023 7:43 am)

January 17, 2023 5:36 am  #967

The latest trailer for M Night Shyamalan's latest 'Knock at the Cabin' looks promising in terms of male crying, as it shows several shots of men with wet teary eyes, and one of a tear escaping Jonathan Groff's eye.

Don't mind me, I'm just here to fill my Lachrymatory of Holding.

January 23, 2023 2:16 am  #968

I've just seen Babylon today. There are a few crying scenes by Margot Robbie, Brad Pitt, and Diego Calva all throughout the film. Margot Robbie's ones are the most interesting as they show how the crying parts are made in movies. It seems like she pays a tribute to the Crying Lovers forum. Brad Pitt has a short break down at some point but his face isn't shown on display. And Diego Calva has another breakdown towards the end. He's shown through the whole process of crying from tears welling up in his eyes to actually sobbing and then in the aftermath.

Last edited by psychic_girl (January 23, 2023 10:41 am)

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

January 23, 2023 11:40 am  #969

Sam Worthington has a decent sobbing scene in the film Transfusion somewhere in the second half of the film. The best scene he did so far..

Woody Harrelson

January 24, 2023 4:56 am  #970

Oh I'm def gonna have to check these out. The scene at the end of Babylon sounds lovely, and I've seen Sam Worthington do decent crying before (in The Shack, for anyone interested. I think I posted the scenes a while back).
Babylon just needs to be streaming already!

Don't mind me, I'm just here to fill my Lachrymatory of Holding.

Board footera