You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 17, 2014 4:22 pm  #1

Reality TV Crying Directory

DO NOT POST VIDEO LINKS ON THIS THREAD, DO IT IN THE VIDEOS SECTION!

Hiya,

Well, the success of this thread will depend on a certain level of commitment from the posters. ;)  Reality shows are a good place to find crying, but I also have no stomach to go through them all because I find those shows tiresome and stupid. This is where we all can come in.

I'm interested in making a list of episodes of any reality show where crying has taken place. The most important pieces of info are the NAME of the show and the SEASON & EPISODE. If you've seen an episode of Big Brother (for example) where someone has cried, write down the name (Big Brother US), season and episode/day number. You can also put a description of moments orand the minute in the video where the crying starts, but that's optional. This way anyone interested can try and find the episode.

To start off:

Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. S07E13. Both the mother and the father cries in this episode. The mother in particular does a great lip wobble and even a lip curl at one point. She cries quite a few times so it should be easy to find. I don't recall her tears or the fathers crying but you can check it out if you can find it.

Australia's Next Top Model Cycle season 8 episodes 1 & 2. A fair amount of crying takes place during elimination. I don't remember any other crying scenes, but there might have been.

Ugly crying is pretty crying

August 19, 2014 1:20 am  #2

Re: Reality TV Crying Directory

Dr. Phil...God knows. most of the ones on there creep me out, but there's always somebody breaking down, and he usually gives them a handkerchief.

Last edited by handkerchief (August 19, 2014 1:21 am)

August 19, 2014 3:39 pm  #3

Masterchef US Season 5 Episode 12 - 18 year old contestant cries as she's eliminated. I'm glad that she lost. So damn annoying.

August 19, 2014 9:06 pm  #4

truffle wrote:

Masterchef US Season 5 Episode 12 - 18 year old contestant cries as she's eliminated. I'm glad that she lost. So damn annoying.

Wow, she's was really cute. Even did a little lip curl, which I'm sure would have been more pronounced if she cried harder. There were some visible tears too, as well as an older man crying. Good one!

August 25, 2014 3:07 pm  #5

The X-Factor Australia Season 6: Episode 7, 9, 12.

Scattered tearful scenes for both men and women throughout during the elimination bits. One fleeting lip curl. Quite a few visible tears, especially in episode 12.

August 27, 2014 8:59 am  #6

Who Do You Think You Are? (Ashley Judd): Three separate crying bits. Mild. Tears visible in the eyes but they never fell. The second time she cried her bottom lip did a pout - almost threating to become a lip curl.

Who Do You Think You Are? Australia (Melissa George): One crying bit. No visible tears or facial expression. Melissa Lowered her head and rested her forehead on her hands. Sniffing sounds can be heard.

September 1, 2014 12:01 pm  #7

Four Weddings S01e07. I watched it with the wife last night (at her insistance I'd never watch it willingsly ). One of a "brides" was a gay man called Adam. It so happens that his wedding was called off at the last minute. He came to see the other three brides to tell them and broke down. The crying was quite intense even though he kept his face hidden the whole time. The three women hugged and consoled him, so comfort lovers might find something good here.

September 5, 2014 11:43 am  #8

X Factor S11E01: Tears from Cheryl (quelle surprise). She's as emotionally constipated as ever, but two drops of tears did fall from her left eye. Visible tears from a returning contestant, and a very mild lip curl from her. Crying from a male contestant, though he keeps his face buried the whole time on his wife's shoulders. The previews at the end show a girl with a bowler hat crying with a lip curl. Of course, nowadays these assholes often don't show the specific moments you see in the previews - but I'm going to keep my eyes peeled for her. 

X Factor S11E02: Tears from a contestant at the end, just a wet face and brimming eyes. Bowler hat girl is back in the previews - we shall see....

September 11, 2014 11:50 am  #9

X Factor s11e03: Flowing tears from two female contestants. Tears from another female one but didn't fall.

September 21, 2014 12:56 pm  #10

Make or Break: The Linda Perry Project E01e06: Linda Perry cries after kicking one of the musicians out. The lighting was quite low so I didn't see the tears well. She was however, doing a pretty good lip curl.

Board footera