You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 3, 2014 11:27 pm  #1

Between Friends

As Angela walked up to the door of her friend's one bedroom apartment, she noted her red Ford Focus parked in the driveway. As she had suspected. Kristin had not answered any of her calls today, but was, in fact, at home. This concerned Angela because she had not heard from her since 3 days ago when news of her brother Alan's death by car accident had reached her through mutual friends. She had called and called, but gotten no answer. Angela wasn't putting up with this anymore. She stood at Krisyn's door, and knocked insistently. When no one answered, she knocked again longer. She tried the door, but it was locked; tried calling again but got no answer. Finally, she tapped the two way security buzzer. "Kristyn, open this door right now...I know you're in there! I am your friend, and I demand to see you." Silence. Then a voice echoed through the low-tech speaker on the buzzer. "Go back home, Angela. I am okay. I just want to be left alone right now." Angela smiled and let out a sigh of relief. Her friend was okay. She was careful not to let her relief show in her voice. "Open this door, I want to talk to you," she said sternly. Silence was the only response. "Come on, Kristyn, we're all worried about you. You know, if I have to, I'll find another way in!" Another long moment of silence passed. Angela sighed, resting her forhead against the cool, smooth wood of the door in front of her. She closed her eyes. She softened her voice. "Just open the door and let me see you, I just want to see that you're okay. You don't even have to let me in. I won't go away until you do." "Fine!" Kristyn yelled into the buzzer  and a few seconds later the front door opened a crack and Krisyn stood there in her nightgown,her long brown hair that was normally pulled back hung loose around her shoulders. She looked Angela defiantly in the eye.. "See?!" she exclaimed, "I'm....I'm fine! I told you. Damn it, why won't people listen..." Angela's eyes full of compassion, she reached her hand through the crack in the door and lightly touched  Kristyn's hair, brushing a strand of it away from  her face. "...when I say I'm...when I say I'm..." she was suddenly having trouble getting the words out. "I'm...okay." She said, but in the middle of the word "okay", her voice broke and she began to cry. Angela pushed through the door and pulled the sobbing Kristyn into her arms. She held her tight as she cried and cried, occasionally stroking her hair, and whispering sweet things. "I know it hurts," Angela said to Kristyn after her sobs had died down. "But you've got to let people in." The crying had stopped, but still she held her, wanting to let Kristyn decide when she was ready to be let go. But Kristyn stayed put. When the moment came that it felt like the hug was about to end, Angela felt Kristyn hug her tighter. "Please stay with me. Don't leave." She whispered. Angela smiled. "I'm not going anywhere."

Last edited by spacecase360 (November 4, 2014 9:23 am)

Board footera