You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 21, 2016 5:33 pm  #1

Rolled-up Sleeves

I don't know if this is a fetish exactly, but it's definitely an attractive feature that draws my attention in photos, films, and real life.  It also features as a peripheral element in some of my crying fantasies.

I like a handsome man in a crisp button-down with the sleeves rolled up.  I especially like to see the curve of the wrist and the definition of the veins and muscles in the forearm.     

Here are a few images of the kind of thing I'm talking about:

Anyone else?

Last edited by Tristana (April 23, 2016 9:18 pm)

April 23, 2016 3:25 am  #2

Re: Rolled-up Sleeves

While I can't really relate to "sleeves rolled up," I do tend to be attracted to certain "elegant" men's clothing and accessories, the main one being vintage pocket watches (see my thread). 

Did you know that there was once such a thing as sleeve garters, that held up men's sleeves so they could do certain tasks without getting them dirty?  Edwardian butlers/valets often wore these garters; Stephen Fry regularly wore them as Jeeves in the 1990's BBC comedy series "Jeeves and Wooster."

Last edited by White Tulip (April 23, 2016 3:30 am)

April 23, 2016 5:54 am  #3

White Tulip wrote:

Did you know that there was once such a thing as sleeve garters, that held up men's sleeves so they could do certain tasks without getting them dirty?  Edwardian butlers/valets often wore these garters; Stephen Fry regularly wore them as Jeeves in the 1990's BBC comedy series "Jeeves and Wooster."

I've always meant to watch Jeeves and Wooster. I wouldn't have said that Stephen Fry is my personal cup of tea, but he does look pretty dashing in that uniform.

April 23, 2016 10:59 am  #4

'Tis a pity that Mr. Fry does not prefer my gender, for I find the man's intelligence VERY much to my liking! Smart men were always my weakness. (Husband was a card carrying member of Mensa at one time.)

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

April 24, 2016 1:10 am  #5

Tristana wrote:

White Tulip wrote:

I've always meant to watch Jeeves and Wooster. I wouldn't have said that Stephen Fry is my personal cup of tea, but he does look pretty dashing in that uniform.

It's a very funny series.  The only thing it misses, I think, is Bertie's witty narration; if you've ever read the original P.G. Wodehouse stories you'll know that much of their humor comes from this.

In general I don't go crazy about Fry and Laurie the way some people do, but they are ideal as Jeeves and Bertie. 

Last edited by White Tulip (April 24, 2016 1:12 am)

April 24, 2016 8:54 am  #6

I rarely wear full sleeved shirts, but when I do, the wife always makes me roll them up. If I don't roll them up she'll be really annoyed and will keep nagging until I do. In fact, often she'll roll them up herself.

She might relate to you...

Ugly crying is pretty crying

April 24, 2016 3:29 pm  #7

TorNorth wrote:

I rarely wear full sleeved shirts, but when I do, the wife always makes me roll them up. If I don't roll them up she'll be really annoyed and will keep nagging until I do. In fact, often she'll roll them up herself.

She might relate to you...

That's nice to know.  She must like your your arms.   

Also, I think there's something about that tension between buttoned-up and casual that appeals to some women. About a week ago, I came hope to find my husband fixing something under our sink.  When he sat up he had his sleeves rolled up and his tie thrown back over his shoulder so he wouldn't get it dirty.  I thought the whole thing was pretty cute. 

Also, I just found this meme, which makes a pretty good case. 

I don't know about 5000% but it certainly is an improvement. 

Last edited by Tristana (April 24, 2016 3:31 pm)

April 24, 2016 5:48 pm  #8

LOL, my arms are a similar size to that man, though way more hairy. I don't roll them that far though, my wife likes one or two folds, so that only the front parts of the forearms are showing. She also likes the top two buttons of the shirt unbuttoned, though I only compromise on that when the weather is warm.

A completely buttoned up shirt is intolerable to her, which I find totally hilarious.

Ugly crying is pretty crying

April 24, 2016 9:17 pm  #9

I concur with your wife that a slightly rolled sleeve is probably more attractive; it's also more elegant. But rolling it all the way to the elbow does give off an intriguing Clark Kent vibe -- especially when paired with a tie.

I'm generally agnostic on buttoned or unbuttoned collars.  Both can be equally nice under the right circumstances.  Although, I suppose if one rolls up the sleeves too far and/or unbuttons the shirt too much the whole thing veers dangerously into male-stripper territory.

It's funny to think about all this in so much detail, but I guess that's what we're here for. 

Last edited by Tristana (April 24, 2016 11:04 pm)

May 19, 2016 6:20 am  #10

Pro and cons of calf sleeves, any suggestions on a good brand...was thinking of getting a pair of CW-X ones....
How do other runners find them...v compression full tights???
Thanks
Torie

Board footera