You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 27, 2017 9:39 pm  #1

conversation with my boyfriend

So this week my boyfriend and I had a bit of a difficult conversation, in which he told me that he needed to feel more sexually wanted by me (as opposed to simple love and affection, which I provide plenty of). This is something I have a bit of a hard time with, being a little self conscious about being "sexy" etc, and also generally being unable to distinguish sexual attraction from emotional attraction since they're so tied together for me. We ended the first part of the discussion with him telling me that I never have to feel ashamed about anything with him, and that anything that turns me on is automatically a good thing in his eyes. 

I mentioned the fetish once, briefly, very early on in our relationship (so like 4.5 years ago) because I didn't want to waste my time with someone who wasn't going to be cool about it like my last boyfriend wasn't, and he was fine with it. And this conversation made me feel like I should bring it up again, even though it makes me super uncomfortable to talk about.

So later I asked him if he even remembered that this was a thing, and he did, and I explained it a little more fully. I said that this was a hard-wired thing for me from early childhood, talked about the elements of intimacy, release and catharsis that I think tie it in to sex for me, the three prongs of aesthetic/emotional/sexual, etc etc etc.  He said it makes sense to him and he finds it interesting because it's "different" (his word). 

Also? It turns out he's been playing on it the whole time we've been together. Like wtf. He knew that after he'd been crying was the best time to initiate sex with me, and he enjoys the feeling of it. He said that it doesn't make him more/less comfortable crying in front of me because I never mention it in the moment and he doesn't usually think about it at the time. Which I find hard to believe, but okay. 

He said that he doesn't think he'd be able to really incorporate it into sex (read: cry for me), not for lack of willingness just for lack of the ability to cry on command, which I'm fine with and honestly don't think I'd even be comfortable with that. But now I'm wondering if I could ask for other things, like if he's crying could I ask him not to wipe his tears? Or ask him to talk to me about crying while we're having sex? Just my two first thoughts, since it sounds like he's game to try things. Anyway I'm going to marry this guy so hard, he's amazing. 

It is such a secret place, the land of tears.
-- Antoine de Saint Exupery, "The Little Prince"

July 27, 2017 10:22 pm  #2

Re: conversation with my boyfriend

If he knows, then go for it. I've asked similar things and more of many women, and gotten some great responses as a result.

"Bless me now with your fierce tears..."

July 28, 2017 9:58 am  #3

I agree go for it... you said in your introduce yourself post that there is a sexual element for you in crying. If he wants you to be more sexy then he's just given you the green light to incorporate it more into your sex life. Had he noticed a difference in your sexual behaviour when you made love after he'd been crying? I'm guessing he had if he used it to his advantage.

​Yes, I think you should ask him not to wipe his tears when he cries - does he generally wipe his tears when he cries? It might be an automatic response so you might need to gently remind him next time ;o)

​If he can't cry on command (and you don't want that during sex anyway) what if you asked him to fake tears? Find a non-emotional way to make his eyes tear up - you'll get the visual stimulation - is that enough to turn you on?

​I'm jealous, you could have a lot of fun with this and in turn so will he  ;o

July 28, 2017 8:32 pm  #4

meantangerine wrote:

But now I'm wondering if I could ask for other things, like if he's crying could I ask him not to wipe his tears? Or ask him to talk to me about crying while we're having sex? Just my two first thoughts, since it sounds like he's game to try things. Anyway I'm going to marry this guy so hard, he's amazing. 

Abso-frigging-lutely -- go for it!!  Sounds like he would be up for it.  He probably just needs some guidance.  Let us know how it goes!!  

August 3, 2017 12:19 am  #5

Even after nothing but acceptance and positive reactions, I'm still terrified for him to actually take part in it, even in a small way. It'll be good, though, once I can get over this last hump.

And this conversation led to him being more open about his specific desires, and I've fulfilled those for him, so I think I'm in a good spot to ask. 

It is such a secret place, the land of tears.
-- Antoine de Saint Exupery, "The Little Prince"

Board footera