You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 25, 2018 2:45 pm  #1

Lots of tears wiped

I went to an event as a volunteer to help teens and young adults to heal psychological/spiritual wounds, I have a support role, not involved directly with the participants. A girl who was about to start an activity with the participants went to the volunteer room to prepare mentally for it, but instead of calming down she had a breakdown, I hugged her to calm her down, and when she relaxed and was clear minded, I gently wiped her tears and cheered her up.

Later that afternoon one of the volunteers, who, by the way, is the same girl from my last post, after an activity she had with the participants she went to the room where planning takes place, I came a short time after, when I got in I found her sobbing, she was on her knees curled and there were two female volunteers holding her. I approached her and kneeled on her side and asked her what was making her cry, she told me she has issues with her father. I opened my arms for a hug and she threw herself to my arms, I could feel her whole body shaking as she hugged me tight. When the hug ended I wiped her tear streaked face and she smiled and acknowledged, I encouraged her to move on and continue with her role.

​During the evening one of the participants, after an activity involving forgiveness, started sobbing loud, I was asked to go and take her out for fresh air, I held her by her arm and walked her to the front door, she continued crying all the way out, actually I think she cried for about 20 to 30 minutes, my wife and I were cheering her up, encouraging her to forgive, my wife hugged her as I was caressing her hair and back. I saw a teardrop escape her left eye as she started sobbing again, I gently dabbed it with the back of my index and middle fingers.

​I walked for a while in the gardens, when I met the girl from the second obs, she told me she loved it when I hugged her and told me she really wanted me to hug her at that moment, I gave her a short strong hug, and at the end of the day we had a debriefing, and this girl started crying silently, I allowed her to cry for a while and after the debriefing I approached her and hugged her, she had a huge smile with tears sparkling on her cheeks (light helped), when we broke the hug I cupped her face and wiped the tear stains remaining after her crying fit, she smiled at me and held my hand. I will see her today as well, let´s see if more obs happen.

Board footera