You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 8, 2018 2:22 am  #11

Re: does your SO know?

I told my boyfriend (we've been dating for about a week now) yesterday. He didn't seem too fazed by it--he was just surprised. I wasn't planning on telling him for a while (like a month or two), but I let him look through my current notebook, and he saw one of the stories that I wrote for you guys. So, I thought that I might as well just tell him.

Our relationship is still intact, so I'm assuming that he's okay with it.

I think he's a keeper.

Still, by the clock's revolution each hour,
I dissolve into tears about ev'ry half hour.

December 8, 2018 3:25 am  #12

azutid wrote:

I told my boyfriend (we've been dating for about a week now) yesterday. He didn't seem too fazed by it--he was just surprised. I wasn't planning on telling him for a while (like a month or two), but I let him look through my current notebook, and he saw one of the stories that I wrote for you guys. So, I thought that I might as well just tell him.

Our relationship is still intact, so I'm assuming that he's okay with it.

I think he's a keeper.

That was fast, telling him in the first week, I think he didn’t react because he is processing it. Congratulations on your new relationship, Hope the best for you.

December 8, 2018 4:59 pm  #13

Yeah, it was really fast, lol.

Thanks!

Still, by the clock's revolution each hour,
I dissolve into tears about ev'ry half hour.

December 11, 2018 7:21 am  #14

I've been with my husband for almost 15 years and have never actually said it out loud.  I'm sure he knows more than we speak about, but I've barely even told my sister (read identical twin sister).  I've only ever flat out told one person, weirdly a guy friend of mine.   He didn't seem phased but I don't 'think he thought it was normal.  Not sure why I find it so hard to talk about.  

"...men do not cry. They will do anything BUT cry. They stop themselves crying. And eventually they do cry if it is bad enough. So that's how you know with a man how bad it is for him. Because he would've stopped himself...Men always cry like that. They don't cry and in the end they do and if they do then it's overwhelming." ~Michael Caine

December 12, 2018 4:03 am  #15

I haven’t brought up the courage to REALLY tell my husband yet. He is a very emotionally closed off sort of guy (he’s a police officer so he kind of has to be in order to do his job).
I came close once. I got as far as mentioning that something that turns me on is comforting people and feel needed as an emotional crutch. He didn’t seem to really care much about it nor make any effort to “humor” me with this information.
I wish I was able to tell him. I wonder if telling him would make things happen more often or less often. It almost seems like he’s more closed off since I told him even as little as I did tell him.

Board footera