You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 3, 2012 6:28 am  #11

Re: Almost told my best friend

I had a crying dream the other night and It was a pretty good one. The next day was hard just because there was NO ONE I could tell! I really found it hard not being able to share my experience with someone, but right now I don't trust anyone with my secret fetish. I feel like if I tell my friends they will never look at me the same way again, and I'm really afraid that they won't cry in front of me.  Has anyone had this happen when you "came out" of your dacryphillia closet?

“...you know that a good, long session of weeping can often make you feel better, even if your circumstances have not changed one bit.”
― Lemony Snicket, The Bad Beginning

October 14, 2012 12:17 am  #12

Ah, interesting, my other fetish is disgusting to me too. I wonder if it's the same one. Probably not, but you never know. I still feel antsy enough about that one to not want to admit it to find out! When I talked to my boyfriend about it, I was physically shaking because I felt so uncomfortable. Even talking about the thing as a part of life, rather than a fetish, freaks me out a bit. Which is why it's so weird that it's a fetish :/ My brain is wired oddly. Anyway, I think the point was that the crying fetish is therefore not so extreme to me.

SomeoneG1, I hate not being able to share dreams because they reveal too much about you! Definitely had that happen before with fetish dreams. Even though I feel okay with telling some people about the fetish overall, the actual intricacies embarrass me - 'Oh, the other night I dreamed about one of my old teachers crying and it was amazing / Earlier I was looking up interviews that mentioned crying / I just read/wrote this great fanfic in which the character burst into tears' - no way do I ever want to admit any of these details.

October 14, 2012 2:42 am  #13

I agree, the dream thing is weird. Sometimes I'll have a really interesting dream that I want to share with a friend or family member, but I have to come up with some way to talk around the crying part. If it's too central of a part, I can't relay the dream, except to my boyfriend.

I don't have any other real fetishes that aren't just general sexual preferences, so I have nothing personal to compare my crying fetish to. My boyfriend has a fetish, but it's a "normal"/common one that just has to do with actual sex, but he was still REALLY embarrassed about it for some reason. There was this huge build-up when he told me, to the point that he was almost having a panic attack, so I was absolutely shocked at how tame it is (just a particular physical feature that he likes, that kind of thing). And he already knew about my crying fetish too! I guess he'd just been uncomfortable about it his whole life, and he'd kind of developed a hang up.

October 30, 2012 4:44 am  #14

It's good to know Im not the only one in this boat. I wish i had someone I could trust to tell in person, but so far, no such luck. I will probably marry the first guy I trust enough to tell. ( Thats not the only qualifier for husband material, but it's one )

“...you know that a good, long session of weeping can often make you feel better, even if your circumstances have not changed one bit.”
― Lemony Snicket, The Bad Beginning

Board footera