You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 23, 2024 8:18 pm  #1

New self obs (f)

Finally had a decent self obs...from yesterday.

My boss called me into the office to discuss something when I went back upstairs into my classroom (I work in a daycare) the other teacher in the room asked me what she wanted. I immediately started tearing up. I let about 3-4 years roll out of both eyes and down my cheeks while telling her what was said with a shaky voice. She was rubbing my back in circles while asking me if I needed a min then she grabbed me a tissue.

March 25, 2024 3:06 am  #2

Re: New self obs (f)

It was nice that your colleague was there to comfort you. Do you find yourself feeling like crying often at work?

"Bless me now with your fierce tears..."

March 25, 2024 7:57 pm  #3

NeedHerSobs wrote:

It was nice that your colleague was there to comfort you. Do you find yourself feeling like crying often at work?

This was the second time I've felt like crying at work (the other time was non work related) but this was the only time I actively cried.

March 28, 2024 9:37 pm  #4

Were you aware your tears were visible on your cheeks with this work colleague? Did you feel embarrassed that you were crying at work and felt the need to wipe your tears away? 

I've always been amazed that my Wife (a good number of years ago when we worked together) would cry openly at work with tears visibly rolling freely down her cheeks. While for me crying at work is the worst thing ever! My tears come easily when I cry so they are difficult to hide but I would always frantically try to hide tears crying in a work environment through crippling embarrassment. An yet - in front of the right people - I have no problem allowing tears to flow freely. 

March 29, 2024 8:41 pm  #5

tearhunter wrote:

Were you aware your tears were visible on your cheeks with this work colleague? Did you feel embarrassed that you were crying at work and felt the need to wipe your tears away? 

I've always been amazed that my Wife (a good number of years ago when we worked together) would cry openly at work with tears visibly rolling freely down her cheeks. While for me crying at work is the worst thing ever! My tears come easily when I cry so they are difficult to hide but I would always frantically try to hide tears crying in a work environment through crippling embarrassment. An yet - in front of the right people - I have no problem allowing tears to flow freely. 

I was very aware my tears were visible the whole time. I didn't feel embarrassed crying at work only due to the fact of which colleague I was with. With any other colleague I would have been extremely embarrassed.

I agree completely with your statement "An yet - in front of the right people - I have no problem allowing tears to flow freely."

March 29, 2024 8:44 pm  #6

Princess_Lucky1731 wrote:

tearhunter wrote:

I was very aware my tears were visible the whole time. I didn't feel embarrassed crying at work only due to the fact of which colleague I was with. With any other colleague I would have been extremely embarrassed.

I agree completely with your statement "An yet - in front of the right people - I have no problem allowing tears to flow freely."

And I feel honored to be on that list (of the right people). 😉

March 29, 2024 9:25 pm  #7

Amans lacrimae wrote:

Princess_Lucky1731 wrote:

tearhunter wrote:

And I feel honored to be on that list (of the right people). 😉

You're probably on the top of the list (or close to it).

Board footera