You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 1, 2013 7:38 pm  #11

Re: Back to school...with Crying Observations

I noticed that thing with the tears as well but only in public situations. If someone cries in public and hides the face or i do it later on the sadness bottles up inside and i don't feel relief anymore and i presume others feel the same.
For me though crying is not comforting if there are reasons for me feeling sad, depressed or vulnerable. But on one ocasion i read a book, an autobiograhy of Walden Welch, an astrologer who had a very hard life and though i didn't identify with him at first, during my reading later on  i managed to empathize with him and i started sobbing uncontrollably. It was a very different type of sobbing, moreover a catarthic one that had nothing to do with my experiences. It felt as a relief somehow because the caracther feared losing his mother who was very sick and i fear that too though i have never been in such situations..He made me put myself in his shoes which was a wonderful experience, very intense actually.
I was glad i was all by myself since my mother was at work and i had all day to relieve the signs of a powerfull crying, swollen eyes, red lips, rusty voice and such..

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

April 2, 2013 6:54 pm  #12

carrotcake wrote:

Yeah, I think it's about letting your emotions completely overtake you. You're not distracted by self-consciousness, you're just allowing everything to flow out. If you stop the crying before you're finished, you're forcibly pushing the emotion back inside. Wiping the tears is a somewhat dismissive gesture, as if you're brushing the emotion aside. It stops the natural flow of expelling the emotions, and it doesn't allow you to feel them all fully and cry them out. At least, these are the things I've noticed in myself.

Also, I agree with the lecturer: the tears definitely should come from the client/patient only. Anything else would be awkward for that person.

By the way, I don't think you should feel uncomfortable or ashamed about remembering the crying events and feeling aroused. That's just part of who we are as crying fetishists. I've come to realize that a huge benefit of this fetish is that it just gives me more of a desire to help other people, and it gives me more empathy and compassion than I might have otherwise. This is a positive thing, I think.

EDIT: I'm not saying that you DO feel uncomfortable or ashamed. I guess that's just how I felt when I was first thinking about it for myself, but my ideas have changed in the past couple of years.

I agree with the lecturer on the point about tears only coming from the client - if a counsellor begins to cry during a counselling session they detract from the person being counselled. It's very important that the client is put at the centre of the process unreservedly. Some of the women on the course initially found it difficult not to be moved to tears on listening to difficult events but this has the effect of making the client feel guilty which switches the focus away from the client.

It's very different when you are 'counselling' a friend by listening to their problems and being there for them. In this situation it's probably acceptable to cry with them - you know them on a different level. I know when a female friend cries with me it actually feels very comforting. But this is not like a client / professional relationship.

I don't think I do feel ashamed about remember crying episode after the fact and being turned on by them even if I was practising as a professional counsellor. As long as this did not show or detract from the actual service I am charged to deliver. And I'm so focused on the job in hand my fetish did not reach the levels where it would become an issue during a session. Yes I notice the tears, but as part of being a counsellor is to focus and actively listen to the client it's not hard to remember the details also.

April 2, 2013 7:03 pm  #13

psychic_girl wrote:

I noticed that thing with the tears as well but only in public situations. If someone cries in public and hides the face or i do it later on the sadness bottles up inside and i don't feel relief anymore and i presume others feel the same.
For me though crying is not comforting if there are reasons for me feeling sad, depressed or vulnerable. But on one ocasion i read a book, an autobiograhy of Walden Welch, an astrologer who had a very hard life and though i didn't identify with him at first, during my reading later on  i managed to empathize with him and i started sobbing uncontrollably. It was a very different type of sobbing, moreover a catarthic one that had nothing to do with my experiences. It felt as a relief somehow because the caracther feared losing his mother who was very sick and i fear that too though i have never been in such situations..He made me put myself in his shoes which was a wonderful experience, very intense actually.
I was glad i was all by myself since my mother was at work and i had all day to relieve the signs of a powerfull crying, swollen eyes, red lips, rusty voice and such..

Perhaps it works best to cry openly only if you can do so without any feelings of embarrasment. If you are in floods of tears, sobbing your heart out you are also incredibly vunerable. If you feel that vunerablity then perhaps you don't receive the benefits associated with crying openly.

For me I would only get these benefical feelings after crying in front of someone I completely trust.

April 2, 2013 8:20 pm  #14

How interesting!  About the only way for me to cry freely is to be totally alone.  I may cry around other trusted people, but there will always be an element of shame for me if others are around.  Growing up, we were taught to hide our emotions and to present a (false) exterior of "We're all happy".

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

April 3, 2013 6:51 pm  #15

With family members, my mother mostly i manage to get over my embarassement and i openly cry. It depends on the conflict, if it's one that involves me personally and not my mother she doesn't completely understand why i react the way i do, why i get that emotional since she is the intellectual type, she analyses eveything in a rather dry or cold manner while i'm very impulsive and emotional.

Other people are pretty amazed too because they know me as being composed and discreet, not necessarily an intellectual as my mother but rather the kind who's flexible enough to navigate through problems or make fun at oneself when in trouble. Yeah, i'm so perceived and it bothers me because deep inside i seethe at times, i feel very intensely and i would like to manifest what i feel but i know it's unacceptable for most people, they will no longer respect me of i become more passionate..
This is the same with persons of the opposite gender, who take me for a good, shy and somewhat conservative girl. The one you would like to marry one day and on the why they get a different picture actually and it pisses me off...

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

Board footera