You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 29, 2016 8:10 pm  #1

Michael Landon, "Highway to Heaven"

The 1980's series Highway to Heaven had a LOT of crying in it, much of it from its star, Michael Landon.  So there were many, many moments I could have posted; today I felt like posting this one.  The episode is "In with the In Crowd," and Landon's crying/"choked up" scene begins at 43:46:

More to follow!

Last edited by White Tulip (July 29, 2016 8:11 pm)

July 29, 2016 8:54 pm  #2

Re: Michael Landon, "Highway to Heaven"

Thanks for this. Michael Landon is such an easy crier. I believe both he and Alan Alda were one of the firsts to really bring men crying and being sensitive to the forefront in the 70s and 80s.  

July 29, 2016 11:09 pm  #3

Missy:  I'm sure you're right about Landon and Alda.  Ironically, I began a thread with basically this topic (i.e. who or what is responsible for the current popularity of male crying scenes) in the Discussion forum recently, yet the subject of Landon -- one of my favorite actors -- never crossed my mind when making the thread!

I previously posted a different crying moment from the series, involving the actor Daniel Davis, if you want to check it out. 

Last edited by White Tulip (August 21, 2016 5:17 am)

July 30, 2016 4:57 am  #4

That was one thing about Michael Landon - he was a predictable source for crying scenes, so much so that toward the end of his career it almost got to be a cliché.

"We have our stalking memories, and they will demand their rightful tears."
Anonymous

Board footera