You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 24, 2017 5:08 pm  #1

The Amazing Spiderman 2 : Alternate Ending with 2 male sobbing scenes

I had always known about the scene where Peter (Andrew Garfield) sobs over Gwen's body - starting at 1:34; but I came upon this included alt. ending where his father shows up in the graveyard about a year after her death. Peter has been standing vigil all through the seasons at her grave, and thinks his father is dead, so when his father shows up at Gwen's grave (scene starts at 4:40) and tells him he is back because he knows Peter needs him, his genuine anger and sobs wracking his body as he hugs his father are heartbreaking. I always loved Andrew Garfield, and he plays this brilliantly...I think he is one of the most sincere, best criers in film today. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eh7kBV7OtAs

February 25, 2017 8:04 pm  #2

Re: The Amazing Spiderman 2 : Alternate Ending with 2 male sobbing scenes

Thanks for posting this.  Andrew Garfield is terrific and I can't WAIT to see Silence.
It looks like he could be one of the great criers of our times.  I only wish I had seen him on Broadway in Death of a Salesman, which is the Mt. Olympus of live (male) crying.  Luckily, Paperthings, one of our members, did see it and wrote this excellent description:  
http://cryinglovers.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=178
And he did this about eight times a week for months! 

Climbing to a high chamber in a well of houses, he threw himself down in his clothes on a neglected bed, and its pillow was wet with wasted tears. -- A Tale of Two Cities

February 28, 2017 10:58 pm  #3

Wow! This is great! It's amazing to see such an intense sobbing scene in a superhero movie.  (His crying over Gwen's death reminds me a little bit of Ewan McGregor at the end of Moulin Rouge.)

Andrew Garfield also has a number of crying scenes in Hacksaw Ridge -- mostly near the end of the film.  

October 28, 2021 4:03 am  #4

Oh wow I had never seen the alternate ending! I somehow keep forgetting how talented he is at crying.

Don't mind me, I'm just here to fill my Lachrymatory of Holding.

Board footera