You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 19, 2022 6:35 pm  #1

favorite crying word(s)

this has probably come up on the forum before, but i'd be interested to know what some of your favorite crying words are. descriptions of crying or tears, words used to describe tears.

personally, i get particular shivers for the word "weep". as far as crying-adjacent words go, i'm really fond of "dripping" (as in dripping tears) and "soak" (as in fabric soaked with tears) right now.

March 19, 2022 8:16 pm  #2

Re: favorite crying word(s)

I haven't given it much thought, but at first, I could think of sob and streak (as in tear streaked cheeks).

March 19, 2022 8:26 pm  #3

Running to describe tears falling.

Security will run you down hard
And I will lead them on a merry chase

March 19, 2022 11:25 pm  #4

"heaving sobs" 

March 20, 2022 4:42 pm  #5

I particularly like the word sob.

Last edited by Princess_Lucky1731 (March 21, 2022 4:08 am)

March 20, 2022 11:39 pm  #6

I personally like the word "cry" or "crying" - very simple. There is something about that word that is heartbreaking for me if you use it in reference to a male. "He started to cry." That is all I need to picture.

The other words I like are (and this is predominantly for males, because that is what I am into; females do not interest me). The words "chest hitching/breath hitching" and "hiccups of breath/trying to catch his breath from sobbing" - I really can get a good picture. I like all of that - and I need to hear audible sobs - for me that is the best. When a guy cannot hold it in anymore and just breaks down, sobbing, uncontrollable and open, with loud, gasping sobs, searching for comfort like a child or letting themselves be held like a child, that is my dream. I have had that happen to me a few times in my life, and it is glorious!

March 21, 2022 12:00 am  #7

missyjdma wrote:

I personally like the word "cry" or "crying" - very simple. There is something about that word that is heartbreaking for me if you use it in reference to a male. "He started to cry." That is all I need to picture.

The other words I like are (and this is predominantly for males, because that is what I am into; females do not interest me). The words "chest hitching/breath hitching" and "hiccups of breath/trying to catch his breath from sobbing" - I really can get a good picture. I like all of that - and I need to hear audible sobs - for me that is the best. When a guy cannot hold it in anymore and just breaks down, sobbing, uncontrollable and open, with loud, gasping sobs, searching for comfort like a child or letting themselves be held like a child, that is my dream. I have had that happen to me a few times in my life, and it is glorious!

I couldn’t control one audible sob yesterday, my SO wiped a few tears from my cheeks with a t-shirt. Fortunately I was able to continue almost silently crying (a bit of noisy inhales at most).

March 21, 2022 4:11 am  #8

Amans lacrimae wrote:

missyjdma wrote:

I couldn’t control one audible sob yesterday, my SO wiped a few tears from my cheeks with a t-shirt. Fortunately I was able to continue almost silently crying (a bit of noisy inhales at most).

That gives me quite a pucture. I'm sorry you ended up sobbing but glad your SO wiped a few tears from your cheeks. I know you've been looking for her to do that

March 21, 2022 6:52 am  #9

Princess_Lucky1731 wrote:

Amans lacrimae wrote:

That gives me quite a pucture. I'm sorry you ended up sobbing but glad your SO wiped a few tears from your cheeks. I know you've been looking for her to do that

I guess it just happened, I just hope my youngest daughter didn't hear, but at the same time, I really loved my wife's love and openness, I would have definitely love if she didn't use any material to wipe my tears, her hands would have definitely feel better. At least we are getting there.

March 21, 2022 11:44 am  #10

I guess I just like the words tears and crying. Especially if there's a reference to tears in someone's eyes or tears falling from their eyes or running down their face/cheeks. I also like phrases like, "Her eyes began to water", "She started tearing up", etc. Descriptions of crying that don't explicitly mention tears aren't too great for me, like, if someone is described as "sobbing", I don't really feel anything related to dacryphilia as sobbing is just not my thing. However, saying someone is "emotional", with a connotation that they are in tears, is something I like.

Board footera