You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 8, 2015 10:52 pm  #1

Ordinary People scenes

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

April 9, 2015 5:17 pm  #2

Re: Ordinary People scenes

Can I ask what you thought of the movie as a whole. The reason I ask is this is the movie that won Best Picture over Raging Bull and it gets such a kicking. I really enjoyed it myself when I saw it

Security will run you down hard
And I will lead them on a merry chase

April 9, 2015 7:05 pm  #3

I saw it in highschoool and it had a strong impact on me at the time because i was troubled somehow but not for the same reasons like the main character. I used to go to a psychiatrist as well and i loved the interaction between the two and the final cathartic scene. I thought it was a very good, realistic and inspiring movie at the time and i still believe that though at times , watching  again when i was older i still think it's a bit slow.
Raging bull is another kind of movie, though...really loved de Niro in it but i'm not sad the movie didn't get an Oscar.

''I like crying. And now I not only wanna cry and show my crying to other people, I wanna just split myself down the middle and open my guts and just throw everything out!''
Woody Harrelson

April 11, 2015 2:21 am  #4

I know it's not quite an artistic masterpiece like "Raging Bull", but I LOVE "Ordinary People."  I saw at as a kid in the theater in 1980 and was deeply affected by it and am stlll affected by it today.  Such an emotional movie.  Perfect for "Crying Lovers."   It really is about "ordinary people" and their feelings and is just devastating.  

Climbing to a high chamber in a well of houses, he threw himself down in his clothes on a neglected bed, and its pillow was wet with wasted tears. -- A Tale of Two Cities

Board footera