You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 28, 2012 11:58 am  #51

Re: Crying Scenes Directory

I think it would have to be The Other Boleyn Girl, as I know it can't be Star Wars

Security will run you down hard
And I will lead them on a merry chase

March 28, 2012 5:28 pm  #52

I know it's not Star Wars, and I'm pretty sure it's not The Other Boleyn Girl

April 6, 2012 11:36 pm  #53

Jennifer Lawrence in "The Hunger Games". Just came back from watching it. I waited for the moment, it came, and it was awesome. Great lip bulge.

Ugly crying is pretty crying

April 8, 2012 6:14 am  #54

TorNorth wrote:

Jennifer Lawrence in "The Hunger Games". Just came back from watching it. I waited for the moment, it came, and it was awesome. Great lip bulge.

Oh GOOD! I haven't seen it yet, but I was really anticipating her crying after reading the books. Now I definitely want to see it more than ever!

April 14, 2012 1:10 am  #55

I recently rewatched Top Gun and say what you want about Tom Cruise but his scene with Meg Ryan where he brings her Goose's things is really artful.  Sometimes watching someone work that hard not to cry can be just as good as crying.  I also love Meg Ryan's reaction to his crumbling attempt at composure.  I had previously underrated this scene, so I thought I would share.

I also happened to stumble upon a Colin Farrell crying scene in the beginning of the movie Pride and Glory where he deals with the deaths of four of his fellow police officers.  The scene is very intense and involves breaking a mirror and full out sobbing.  I always think the actors who sound the strangest sobbing are actually crying because if they weren't they would try to make it sound different.

"...men do not cry. They will do anything BUT cry. They stop themselves crying. And eventually they do cry if it is bad enough. So that's how you know with a man how bad it is for him. Because he would've stopped himself...Men always cry like that. They don't cry and in the end they do and if they do then it's overwhelming." ~Michael Caine

April 14, 2012 1:43 am  #56

yellowrose wrote:

I also happened to stumble upon a Colin Farrell crying scene in the beginning of the movie Pride and Glory where he deals with the deaths of four of his fellow police officers.  The scene is very intense and involves breaking a mirror and full out sobbing.  I always think the actors who sound the strangest sobbing are actually crying because if they weren't they would try to make it sound different.

That's an interesting topic (I haven't seen the scene)... we have a thread somewhere where you can rate how real you think the crying in a movie is.  I tend to think the opposite -- that most people in real life are relatively quiet criers and that the actors who sound strange sobbing are probably trying to exaggerate or push their own sounds a bit too much and that's why it sounds a bit strange.  But who knows.  I'd love to rate more movie clips but I can't be bothered to search or post them.

Been ages since I've seen Top Gun, but I agree that watching someone work hard not to cry can be just as good (or better!) than crying (depending on so many factors, I guess).

May 1, 2012 2:52 am  #57

If anyone enjoys the guilty pleasure of Vampire Diaries like I do, last nights episode had a few good scenes.

In one, Matt and Jeremy toast to Alaric in true guys taking care of each other scene.  Jeremy is comfortable enough with Matt to let just one tear fall.  Very sweet scene, subtle and poignant, sad but not over the top.  I of course had hoped for more crying but I appreciate the restraint by the writers.

In the second, Damon and Alaric talk in the tomb and two tears run down Alaric's cheek.  Lovely scene between the two of them.  The restraint and the lack of melodrama I think added to the beauty of the scene. 

The episode should be up on the CW website and both scenes are toward the end. 

As a side note, the Vampire Diaries has some great male crying scenes and a ton of female crying scenes, so it might be a show for people to check out.

"...men do not cry. They will do anything BUT cry. They stop themselves crying. And eventually they do cry if it is bad enough. So that's how you know with a man how bad it is for him. Because he would've stopped himself...Men always cry like that. They don't cry and in the end they do and if they do then it's overwhelming." ~Michael Caine

May 4, 2012 12:48 pm  #58

Excellent. I'd love to see Nina Dobrev cry

May 4, 2012 1:03 pm  #59

Well I tried to go on one of Nina's fan sites and got a virus which was instantly quarantined luckily. Grrr Aargh!!

May 5, 2012 12:49 am  #60

Lol sorry

Board footera